Principal Consultant at Unnati
Views:523 Applications:37 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
General Manager - Section Head - Chemical Recovery - Paper Pulp Manufacturing (15-20 yrs)
Want an opportunity to grow with one of the nation's largest manufacturing company? If you are ready to take the next step in your career, join hands with our client for this great opportunity!!
Our client has the backing of one of India's leading Business houses which has a turnover of Rs.100 billion. The company produces excellent quality writing and printing paper, and they are the leading manufacturer of tissue and board, as well as Rayon Grade Pulp (RGP) products. They have the largest single location manufacturing facility in India with an estimated revenue of $24.1 million. Our client continues to be the committed employer of the local community and has achieved many international standards like OHSAS and FSC as a leading producer of pulp and paper.Want an opportunity to grow with one of the nation's largest manufacturing company? If you are ready to take the next step in your career, join hands with our client for this great opportunity!!
As the GM - Section Head Chemical Recovery, you will be responsible for achieving production targets of white liquor, steam production and lime kiln while reducing cost, maintaining statutory requirements and developing subordinates.
What you will do:
1. Achievement of Production Targets
- Planning for production of white liquor, steam production and lime kiln with respect to quality and quantity as per requirements and specifications
- Ensuring zero production loss by monitoring critical operating parameters and continuous availability of chemicals and materials
- Reviewing production performance actual v/s planned
- Analysis of quality complaints from customers/ quality/ process departments and take preventive/ corrective action in coordination with the concerned department
2. Cost Reduction
- Planning for and implement cost reduction activities by increase in efficiency, increase in steam generation, reduction in cost of final product
3. Environmental & Safety Compliance
- Ensuring compliance to environmental norms within the plant as per statutory requirements by maintaining proper housekeeping, minimizing discharge in drain to maintain environment norms for water and air
- Ensuring adherence to safety work practices within the section
4. Maintenance, Continuous Improvement and Installation works
- Reviewing the health of the machines and plan for preventive maintenance works, if any to ensure reduced down time
5. Subordinate Development
- Reviewing and monitor performance of subordinates on an ongoing basis and provide requisite developmental support/ inputs
- Recommending training as required for subordinate development
- Continuously engaging with subordinates on a regular basis
What you need to have:
Location: Lalkuan (Nainital)
- Candidate should have 15+ years of experience in Chemical Recovery Plants viz white liquor, steam production and lime kiln
- Good understanding of Plant planning and production
- Optimize all resources to ensure high plant operating efficiencies.
- Familiarity with industry standard equipment and technical expertise
- Good Knowledge of safety, quality, productivity, demand creation, inventory and stewardship processes
- Should be able to effectively communicate and lead team
- Adopt and develop best work practices
Experience: 15 to 20 years