General Manager - Sales - Resort - Media Conglomerate (10-12 yrs)
Work with one of the largest media houses in India, take your career to a new high with the global exposure and experience.
Our client is among the top 3 most trusted newspapers in India, read by more than 30 million Indians. It is one of the most renowned names in Indian media especially across North India. They also host a multitude of media initiatives like Print, Digital, TV, Events and Radio Stations covering various states in the country to connect better with the locals. Their website is one of the fastest growing digital news sites, where they have shown a growth in audience by around 200% in tier 2 and 3 cities and towns in India.
The 6 decade old media house was founded by a fearless and famous journalist and writer who has been felicitated with many literary awards. Currently led by a team of experts and media professionals at its CXO levels, the publishing house has expanded to many digital and offline businesses under its roof, providing employment to thousands in India. They have kept the flag high with their journalistic values and quality coverage of events throughout the world.
As a GM - Sales (Resort), you will ensure the assigned Property is Financially Self-sustainable by putting adequate focus on sales activities, sound occupancy rate and a decent ADR.
What you will do :
- Striving to Meet or exceed Gross Operating Profit (GOP) and flow through Sales Goals.
- Maximizing Room Revenue and achieve Revenue Generating Index (RGI) and Revenue Per Available Room goals.
- Developing and monitoring the performance of financial and operational plans/ budgets and sales and marketing plans for the property that support the overall objectives of the Property.
- Controlling manpower for sales, services and expenses in all areas of operations.
- Managing day-to-day operations and assignments of the property.
- Planning and organizing work, Taking stock of available rooms and potential clientele, communicating goals, and scheduling/ assigning work.
- Complying with and advising staff of formal policies and procedures, identifying options and resolving issues.
- Achieving and maintaining Overall Satisfaction Score (OSS) goals
- Overseeing the guest service function to ensure guest complaints are resolved appropriately, timely, and that appropriate service recovery gestures are made in order to ensure complete guest satisfaction.
- Ensuring that product quality standards are met in all areas of the property as it relates to the appearance, levels of maintenance and cleanliness; establishing and maintaining preventative maintenance programs to protect the physical assets of the hotel.
- Achieving productivity and quality goals.
- Ensuring the development and implementation of programs and events that foster a positive work environment, e.g., New Employee Orientation, employee recognition programs, harassment-free workplace training, etc.
- Establishing performance goals for employees including sales staff and providing regular feedback.
- Ensuring all staff is properly trained and have the tools and equipment needed to effectively carry out their job functions.
- Ensuring a safe and secure environment for guests, employees, and hotel assets. Complying with all standards and statutory requirements.
- Developing and maintaining rapport with key clientele/ community contacts to better recall and be a visible presence in the desired customer segment/ community.
- Promoting team work and quality service through daily communication and coordination with all department.
- Following and completing any and all other tasks assigned to you by the management from time to time.
Candidate Profile :
What you need to have :
- Hotel management preferred
- Preferably from the Sales background,
- Responsible to maximize Revenue and Profitability, maximise Occupancy
- Deliver better property performance by Superior Service and Product Quality, drive brand and value initiatives
- Develop People, Handled Banquets, organised Weddings, Operations, Marketing, Sales.
- Preferably females