Consultant Recruitment at Xperia Executive Search
Views:363 Applications:86 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:16
General Manager - Sales & Operations - Water Treatment/Waste Management Firm (15-20 yrs)
General Manager - Sales and Operations
Key Responsibilities :
- Developing and executing strategic plan to achieve sales targets and expand the customer base Building and maintaining strong, long-lasting customer relationships Planning & Forecasting
- Interdepartmental collaboration
A Brief about the Role :
- The successful candidate will meet our customer acquisition and revenue growth objectives. GM Sales responsibilities include developing key growth sales strategies, tactics and action plans. Successful execution of these strategies is required to achieve financial targets.
- GM Sales responsibilities will include achieving annual targets, building relationships and understanding customer trends.
- Own all plans and strategies for developing business and achieving the company's sales goals. Assists in the development of the sales plan.
- Prepare forecasting and KPI reporting for the sales leaders, and the top management for use in organizational planning, financial forecasting, budget setting and strategic planning.
- Evangelize the product and personally help close largest deals.
- Establish the inbound lead requirements needed to meet the sales objectives.
- Provide full visibility into the sales pipeline at every stage of development.
- Establish and foster partnerships and relationships with key customers both externally and internally - Coordinate sales forecasting, planning, and budgeting processes used within the sales organization. - Proactively monitors and strives to maintain high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency in the sales organization's planning efforts.
- As needed, coordinates planning activities with other functions and stakeholders within the firm.
- Supports the equitable assignment of sales force quotas and ensures quotas are optimally allocated to all sales channels and resources.
- Works to ensure all sales organization objectives are assigned in a timely fashion.
- Proactively identifies opportunities for sales process improvement. Works closely with sales management to inspect sales process quality and prioritize opportunities for improvement.
- Assists sales management in understanding process bottlenecks and inconsistencies. Facilitates an organization of continuous process improvement.
- Monitors the accuracy and efficient distribution of sales reports and other intelligence essential to the sales organization. Recommends revisions to existing reports, or assists in the development of new reporting tools as needed.
- Implements enabling technologies, including CRM, to field sales teams.
- Monitors the assigned sales organization's compliance with required standards for maintaining CRM data.
- Coordinates training delivery to sales, sales management, and sales support personnel in the sales organization supported.
- Provide input to senior leadership in the development and administration of sales incentive compensation programs.
- Working with Accounting, Finance, and Human Resources, provides assistance with sales incentive compensation administration on an as-needed basis, or when required to arbitrate or clarify the application of sales compensation program policies and procedures.
- Directs and supports the consistent implementation of company initiatives.
- Builds peer support and strong internal-company relationships with other key management personnel.
- Closely monitor the day to day operations of departments Viz, Supply Chain Management, HR, IT, Finance, Accounts and bring improvement in these departments.
- Ensure that the proposals are sent on time to the Vendors / customers.
- Shoulder the responsibility and monitor the day to day operations of the Factory at Jadcherla for production and non-production activities.
- Update the Management on day to day developments on business status updates.
- Accountabilities And Performance Measures.
- Achievement of sales, profit, and strategic objectives for the business unit supported.
- Accountable for the on-time implementation of sales organization quotas and performance objectives.
- Accountable for the thorough implementation of sales organization-impacting initiatives.
- Responsible for the efficient allocation of technology, support, and training resources impacting the sales organization.
- Accountable for accurate and on-0time reporting essential for sales organization effectiveness.
- Achievement of strategic objectives defined by company management.
Experience & Qualifications :
- 15 to 20 years of relevant sales experience - Engineering graduate and an MBA - preferred .
- Possess extensive knowledge of sales practices, and an ability to coach others on them.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions.
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams - Strength in problem solving, issue-resolution, ability to work in a deadline-driven work environment, attention to detail, and ability to multitask.
- Strong leadership and team building skills.
- Meeting goals
- Relationship building
- Managing processes
- Market knowledge
- Developing budgets
- Advanced computer skills