Director at Edge India
Views:1322 Applications:119 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:104
General Manager - Quality - Manufacturing (20-22 yrs)
Our client is a trans-national company that specialises in the manufacturing of precision engineered metal components. From their six plants spread across India and the USA, they manufacture high-quality products for some of the world's leading companies across the electrical, power generation, oil & gas and engineering industries.
The company is currently seeking to identify a General Manager - Quality to head the function for their India operations comprising three manufacturing plants located in North India. The incumbent will be responsible for all aspects of manufacturing quality and will report to the VP (Operations)
The Role :
You will lead and direct all facets of Quality for the India organization, from Incoming Quality, Process Quality and Final Inspection, to upgrading quality system and process at all production sites to ensure customer delight.
In specific you will be required to :
- Ensure designing and implementation of quality system in the company at India level.
- Ensure that customer requirements are built in the product at all stages of manufacturing and develop strong customer orientation, both for external & internal customers.
- Assess new manufacturing methods and designs and integrate quality systems with technology requirements.
- Establish and drive quality KPIs in align with Business requirement.
- Track deviations from required quality standards, and initiate root cause analysis & CAPA for all customer complaints and near-miss occurrences.
- Act as a window person for customers for all quality related matters.
Your Profile :
- You must be a Mechanical Engineer from a reputed institution with approximately 20 years of experience in designing, implementing and operating quality systems in the discrete manufacturing industry with a turnover in the range of Rs.1000 cr.
- Past experience in independently heading and managing the quality function for a world-class manufacturing organisation is essential for this role. High level communication skills are essential, as you will be required connect and communicate with international customers for quality issues.
- The company has recently completed a restructuring and re-positioning exercise and is currently in the process of consolidating its current market position and expanding into new products and markets. This is an exciting time to join them and make an impact that will be both challenging and rewarding.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.