Director at iReccon Software and Services Private Limited
Views:1748 Applications:52 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:11
General Manager - Quality Assurance - FMCG (10-20 yrs)
We have opening in one of our leading FMCG Industry.
POSITION TITLE: GM QA
This is a Key role in the organisation and the GM Quality will play a pivotal role in structuring and implementing the Quality agenda in both Corporate and plant in accordance with the company vision and mission.
As General Manager Quality Assurance the Incumbent will be responsible to deliver Long term quality improvement, strategic development and continual improvement of relationships with business partners such as suppliers and contract manufacturers, complex problem solving and process improvisation.
The Incumbent will drive the Quality Agenda, through the implementation, maintenance and administration of all Quality and Food Safety requirements of the plant in line with company policy and statutory compliance. Develop and implement appropriate plans, programs and activities to achieve objectives set in company policy
Role & Responsibilities:
The candidates will be responsible for regulatory and compliance related to -
1) Food Manufacturing
- Responsible for understanding & ensuring compliances all applicable food regulations (international, national, state, and local) and assuring products meet all regulations.
- Responsible for understanding the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) standards (i.e. BRC, SQF) assisting with implementation and recertification.
- Responsible for implementing food safety and quality assurance policies including Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP),
2) Quality Systems
- Responsible for implementing Quality Management System (QMS) and creating improvement recommendations.
- Ensuring that Establishing, implementing, maintaining & updating Food safety management system requirements
- Develop positive release protocols at the plant level & ensure all finished products are released as per positive release protocol.
- Development & Implementation of Food Safety Management System ISO 22000, HACCP, FSSAI
3) Quality Management
- Responds to customer requests to preserve and enhance the image of the company as a competent supplier of quality foods exceeding their expectations
- Supports and participates in new product development projects for customers and work with Business Heads, NPRD, Purchase, Plant, Sales and Operations to define and improve product specifications
- Responsible for assuring QA/QC staff effectively investigate customer/consumer complaints using root cause analysis, corrective actions and preventive measures, and respond to complaints in the required timeframe, and analysing complaint trends.
- Authorized to hold and release product based on food safety or quality non-conformance
- Responsible for development &effective implementation of supplier approval monitoring program
- Responsible for the effective implementation of Recall and Traceability Program including accurate, timely mock traceability exercises
- Organize and conduct internal Quality Audits and take necessary follow up actions on NC's through corrective / Preventive measures.
- Providing confidence to the customers on product quality and food safety.
- Represent the QA/QC department in the Monthly Review Meets with the Management
4) Team Development
- Responsible for the selection, motivation and development of Quality Assurance /QC personnel to ensure all positions are effectively staffed and future management is developed.
- Ensures food safety and quality training is effective for all employees.
- Identify technical Gaps through HR in relationship training needs for food safety team personnel's and scheduling the training through HR to improve and align the system in relation to FSMS/FS22K in process production.
5) Quality Culture /Concurrent engineering
- Drive the Total Quality Management& other CI initiatives for the entire organization
- Promoting awareness of customer requirements throughout the organization
- Review and update quality system time to time upon any changes in the process.
Profile and Personal Attributes:
- The candidate should have a minimum of 10 years of experience with at least initial 4-5 years having the Quality foundation in a world class company followed by 4-5 years in a smaller company implementing and building on the learning's.
- Preferably an Education Background in Food Science.
- Should have extensive experience in Food & Beverage manufacturing for process optimization, control & standardization production norms & chemical and microbiological lab practices.
- Should be able to adapt new technology & implement up to the production with proper training to down the line.
- Exposure to Quality control, Quality Assurance, Quality Improvement and Quality Management aspects of product from raw material procurement, manufacturing, raw & finished product storage to waste/effluent management and all legal quality requirements.
- Strong strategic and conceptual ability while having eye for detail; likes metrics to measure and improve things; is objective and process driven.
- Strong integrity and value system, good communication skills and an entrepreneurial personality with the aptitude to roll up ones sleeves and provide leadership by example
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.