General Manager - Project Management - Pharmacovigilance (15-20 yrs)
Position Summary :
- Individuals in this role are responsible for end to end delivery of project/s, while ensuring client satisfaction business growth & profitability
- Coordinating, managing and monitoring the medical, safety, regulatory, operational and/or quality aspects of Pharmacovigilance to ensure the smooth running of the project/s and the achievement of the business unit's yearly goals
- Provide input regarding the global coordination and development of Pharmacovigilance.
- Assist with overseeing department and project finances.
Key Result Areas :
- Adopt industry best practices in the organization and recommended effective customized client solutions
- Accountable for overall service delivery management to client and otherwise
- Responsible for customer satisfaction as measured through CSS score
- Drive business growth opportunities
- Responsible for meeting financial targets including customer profitability and revenue billed
- Effective implementation of organizational initiatives
- SLA adherence as agreed with the customer
- Manage employee retention and engagement (manage attrition within a target range, BES score higher than the previous year's score)
- Design and implement KPI measures, measurement systems and visual tracking controls/dashboards to manage process performance for sustainability and continuous improvement
- Contribute to Recruitment (measure through participation in screening and interviewing candidates)
- Participate in business development, marketing and sales activities.
- Instruct and lead direct reports in efficient management of project budget and monitor project time changes within the functional groups.
- Establish and/or maintain appropriate forecasting tools for reporting forecasted utilization.
Business / Customer :
- Understand overall service and program performance for daily communication to his/her Client counterpart.
- Work with and participate in meetings with the appropriate Client contacts on an as needed basis.
- Be on site at the Safety Processing/Call Center during the core call hours
- Identify & drive opportunities to enhance Customer Experience
- Identify & suggest Business improvement opportunities
- Communicate & collaborate with client to enhance business & optimize cost and productivity
- Identifying failure points which impact business & customer and suggest preventive & corrective measures
- Analyze operational risks Failure Mode Effective Analysis (FMEA), extend support in managing client escalations Root Cause Analysis/ Corrective Action Preventive Action (RCA/CAPA) and work across traditional functional boundaries to mitigate risks and establish common goals to deliver value to the business
- Act as a Change Agent and ensure good collaboration with Quality, Transition, Training, On-site teams and Clients to optimize Quality, Efficiency, Cost and Customer Value in multiple client engagements
- Ensure the agreed SLA's are met as per SOW
- Understand Client's core objectives, ensure that all driven timelines are met, identify key program requirements through a structured design and implementation process, and ensure that these requirements and any new requirements specified by Client are met.
- Analyze current situation (As-is), identify improvement opportunities and recommend measures (To-be) to re-engineer processes
- Understand the content of all SOPs.
- Identify process re-engineering and automation opportunities to reduce manual interventions
- Implement Quality standards to achieve process excellence
- Communicate and collaborate with internal stakeholders and customers (both at onsite and off-shore) to understand their pain areas-working to apply their insights to challenge and modify current approaches/ways of doing things.
People / Team :
- Provide guidance and mentorship to direct reports
- Monitor for improvement opportunities within the project/s & suggest alternatives
- Coordinate with Support Staff on Process Improvement.
- Responsible for motivation level and retention of manpower.
- Deliver communication received from senior management to the teams though town halls, floor address
- Participate in organizational initiatives such as recruitment drives, training programs etc.
Degree of Independence/Supervision required :
- Receives guidance from leadership on broad goals and objectives to be achieved. Executes responsibilities independently related to self and team (direct/indirect) with periodic review of results and metrics.
Team Management Responsibilities (wherever applicable)-
- Direct Reports - Team Managers, Service Delivery Managers, Deputy General Manager, Work Force Team
- Team Size - Above 200-300 members
Education : Graduate/Post Graduate/ Doctorate degree in life sciences/Pharmacy/Medical sciences or equivalent degrees
Minimum Work Experience Required : 15 years with minimum 8 years of Project Management exposure in BPS environment or experience in a Contract Research Organization or pharmaceutical company
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.