Research Associate at Antal International
Views:854 Applications:181 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:11
General Manager - Procurement - Tyre Manufacturing Firm (12-17 yrs)
(Diversity Candidate Preferred)
Position Summary :
To develop and execute procurement strategy and plans, to ensure quality and sustainable products and services are sourced at the best cost through systematic and smart processes at the right time and through high stakeholder engagement while maintaining high levels of customer centricity.
Strategy and Planning:
- Develop and execute Strategic buying plans and manage governance and control to meet Business Objectives.
- Plan RM procurement based on the rolling forecast of SCM and inputs from all concerned departments and monitor the same regularly.
- Identify, select, and develop vendors in line with organizational policies and requirements.
- Drive implementation of strategies for raw materials to be procured internationally and locally.
- Track regularly and understand the impact of international/national markets on procurement plans of the raw materials.
- Analyze trends and market conditions for current and future pricing, capacities /availability, lead time, vendor capacity, and quality of materials.
- Review product availability, pricing information, and other market intelligence.
- Manage the P2 P cycle efficiently.
- Procure raw materials at minimum prices while maintaining material specifications and high levels of quality at the right time.
- Engage with suppliers on getting quotes, negotiations and placing POs based on agreed terms ensure governance and compliance and avoid audit NC (Non-conformities)
- Evaluate, determine, and forecast future requirements of raw materials at plants and ensure that such requirements shall be accommodated.
- Coordination with the Accounts and Taxation department at plants for timely payment to local vendors and compliance as per law.
- Ensure all documentation and compliance for the orders is completed by the suppliers.
Coordination with Technology/ R&D/Quality
- Liaise with Research and Development to understand the material specifications of the raw materials to be procured.
- Liaise with the Research and Development Team on procurement for new products. development and projects and ensure that such raw material requirements are carefully assessed.
- Liaise with the Research & Development team on the requirement of raw materials for trials and ensure that such trial-related requests are completed on time.
- Seek approval from Research and Development on new materials proposed by or identified with vendors/suppliers
- Hold technical discussions with Research and Development to identify and implement improvements in existing raw materials and with suppliers.
- Provide inputs to the plants and Research and Development for possible changes/modifications in raw materials or raw material availability that impact current and future production requirements.
- Work with Quality Assurance to drive Proactive quality with Suppliers and resolve any Incoming quality and or Process issues faced in plants on account of Raw Materials. Drive SOC and sustainability compliance, QPRS closure, etc with Suppliers.
- Participate in negotiations with suppliers to ensure best price for the company at an optimum credit period.
- Constant tracking and updating of raw material availability and persistently seeking competitive rates for existing raw materials.
- Strategic Buying decisions following due process and approvals based on market conditions.
- Identify & and develop quality vendor/supplier base for cost-effective procurement of raw materials.
- Establish the ideal sources and vendors for procurement based on key factors of cost and quality.
- Continually reassess the availability of new vendors or sources for procurement and analyse and - shortlist the more suitable vendors, if any.
- Constant tracking to develop and establish suppliers located closer to plants to ensure transportation cost reduction.
- Negotiating and agreeing on contracts with vendors and monitoring progress and checking the quality of service provided by them and rate them.
- Understand from vendors on new and alternative materials and forward options to Research and Development for further evaluation.
- Maintain long term relationship with key vendors and ensure consistency in performance, quality and service. Assess Vendor Satisfaction.
- Identification of repetitive vendor issues from regular and constant vendor feedback
- Proactive handling of repetitive vendor issues and drive elimination of major repetitive vendor issues
- Ensure effective implementation of supplier management system.
- Interact with Plant, Stores, logistics Teams and Transporters for ensuring shipments/ dispatches as per delivery schedule.
- Interact with EXIM team for clearance of imports and license management etc.
- Monitor delivery of materials to ensure minimal demurrage/detention of shipments/dispatches.
Inventory control and optimization
- Efficiently use inventory management system to ensure ready availability of materials to meet the production targets ensuring zero loss of production. Drive Lean Philosophy including consignment stock concept, near to plant vendors, e-kanban etc.
- Forecast levels of demand for raw materials to meet the plant needs and ensure that a constant check has been kept on stock levels at plants.
- Reviewing the stock positions for critical and key materials and ensure storage costs are optimised.
- Continuously coordinate with the users to identify obsolete or surplus materials and make arrangements for its effective disposal.
- Facilitating periodic physical verification of inventory at the storage locations in line with the agreed norms.
- Review and analyze MIS reports of material pricing, material management, vendor quality etc.
- Review of regular reports on cost saving done on materials procured and provide the same to senior management and Sales and marketing Team for effective pricing.
- Product and category wise RM analysis to identify opportunities for savings.
- Budgeting and 3 month Rolling forecast of prices
- Education: MBA (Operations/SCM) B.Tech
- Experience: 12-15 years
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.