Views:3983 Applications:770 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:209
General Manager - Procurement - Supply Chain/Logistics Business (15-18 yrs)
About the Organization : A leading Supply Chain and Logistics Company operating in the Food Service Industry in India.
About the Job Role : The Job Role will be responsible for managing and improving the Procurement function in the Organization and shall work closely with the Chief of Operations to ensure a Clock-Work, Profitable, Customer and Partner aligned procurement strategy is designed, implemented and monitored for the Organization, Pan India
Key Job Responsibilities :
Inventory Management, Sourcing Strategy and Budgeting :
- Analyse consumption trends and ensure appropriate inventory management techniques across all Distribution Centers to ensure timely stock in-flow, lean Inventory days and timely product and stock availability to fulfil customer demands both for Planned and Ad-hoc schedules
- Oversee and supervise the entire coordination activity with cross functional departments, i.e. - Logistics, Warehousing, and Operations to manage the entire inventory requirements
- Prepare and publish demand/supply forecasts and material requirement plans (MRPs)which cover all category /SKU and include operational forecasts at multiple levels of aggregation for SKUs of periodic demand and ad-hoc / seasonal demand
- Coordinate with cross functional collaborators to ensure data accuracy when preparing forecasts and submitting budget requirements. This includes analysing past trends, pattern of demand drivers, using the most appropriate forecasting technique, selection of appropriate model and publishing most accurate forecast.
- Interfaces actively with Finance team to ensure that procurement practices meet all control and reporting objectives and achieve an efficient procure-to-pay cycle cost for the Organization
Nurture and Maintain Strategic Relationships :
- Develop and maintain 360 degree strategic relationships with key suppliers, vendors, clients, internal stakeholders and collaborators
- Be the strategic Lead to integrate efforts between Procurement and Operations teams. Implement a collaborative structure that clearly delineates roles, responsibilities and service standards.
Process and Technology Orientation :
- Constantly review external trends and identify internal opportunities for continuous improvement
- Guide Information System strategy and development for Procurement Operations, including Vendor Management, Purchase Inflow and Return, PO Management, etc
Continuous Improvement and Cost Management :
- Direct continuous improvement of purchasing processes in line with changing organizational needs and market conditions.
- Measure and manage the vendor and supplier quality standards. Delivery performance and external regulations
Managing expectation and coaching for performance :
- To build, lead, manage and develops an effective procurement team.
- Set and monitor goals, targets and objectives for a team of sourcing and procurement professionals with an aim toward elevating overall performance.
Ideal Candidate :
- A Procurement professional with atleast 15 years of experience whose most recent 5 years must be in dealing in Perishable Foods within the FMCG, Food Manufacturing, Retail industries.
- An experience of working for a high paced, clock-speed mid-scale Organization and personally dealing with sourcing to shelf and inventory for atleast 1500+ SKUs
- The individual may be in a P&L Lead role or may co-own contribution to the P&L with end-to-end exposure to multi-supplier and multi-client environments in the recent 5 years
- Strong working knowledge of forecasting techniques and application of models
- Holds a Bachelor's / Master's Degree in Business Administration specializing in Operations and/or Supply Chain Management. Preferably an Engineer.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.