General Manager - Procurement & Planning - Food/FMCG/HORECA (15-20 yrs)
General Manager - Procurement & Planning
- We are seeking for a General Manager Procurement & Planning to head the entire Procurement & Planning function. Individual with professional experience of 15+ years in Procurement & Demand planning roles preferably in the Food Service or HoReCa or FMCG industry.
- The individual will be responsible for the planning and execution of key initiatives related to procurement operations and sourcing strategy.
- Proven ability to deal with challenging timelines, has excellent communication and number crunching skills combined with great analytical skills.
- Must possess hands on experience in managing internal & external stakeholders, day to day problem solving and a mind-set that thrives on driving 100% customer satisfaction despite day to day operational challenges.
- Will be responsible for obtaining and maintaining relationships with long term key customers by comprehending their requirements and driving new vendor identification & acquisition.
- Inventory Analysis and Planning - Involved in Planning and budgeting of purchase functions. Develop and manage purchasing budgets and forecasts. Understanding of Working Capital, Inventory control parameters like Inventory days etc.
- Demand planning, Procurement Planning - Incumbent will be managing end to end supply chain planning from all Domestic & International - Vendors, suppliers, or manufacturers.
- Develop demand forecasts (operational forecasts) / Projections at multiple levels of aggregation for multiple times. Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models, and evaluate results.
- Utilize a collaborative and consensus approach by working with the Clients Sales and Marketing team to obtain and ensure that current and accurate information is used for demand forecasts.
- Responsible for all overall forecast, projections and material requirement planning (MRP) for all categories/SKUs. Will be required to oversee and supervise the entire coordination activity with cross functional departments, i.e. - Logistics, Warehousing, and Operations to manage the entire inventory requirements.
- Interfaces actively with Finance team to ensure that procurement practices meet all control and reporting objectives. Achieves an efficient procure-to-pay cycle cost.
- Oversee operations and daily activities of the purchasing department. Assigning responsibilities and overviewing the team performance. Builds, leads, manages and develops an effective procurement team. Sets and monitors goals, targets and objectives for a team of sourcing and procurement professionals with an aim toward elevating overall performance. Creates an effective culture with best in class procurement and strengthens the talent pipeline.
- Act as a key interface between the clients, internal departments and vendors.
- Idevelop and maintain strategic relationships with key suppliers and vendors. Manage supplier relationships as it relates to administrative and operational activities and issues, and optimizes the value in the vendor/business unit relationship. Developing an overall vendor base thereby creating and sustaining a competitive advantage, leveraging spend, and leveraging of technologies.
- Assessment of vendor performance data on various performance metrics for sustainable supply and cost improvement. Implementation of vendor assessment results for continuous evaluation of selected sources. Monitor supplier and vendor compliance with contractual agreements
- Measure and manage the vendor and supplier cost, quality and delivery performance
- Oversee supplier compliance with internal quality standards and external regulations
- To formulate & ensure implementation of effective & efficient Procurement Strategy for Purchase keeping in view all the aspects related to Food Service Industry.
- Direct continuous improvement of purchasing processes in line with changing organizational needs and market conditions.
Skills & Requirements:
- 15+ years- experience of managing Procurement & Planning functions preferably in the Food Services, HoReCa or FMCG industries
- Excellent at managing vendor relationships across geographies
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work across departments
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Analytical, logical thinker and problem solver, with the ability to find solutions by thinking out of the box
- Able to work effectively within defined deadlines
- Ability to generate and effectively implement plans/ideas
- Ability to relate to a wide range of people and manage teams in different regions
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent understanding of MM & PP module of SAP and excellent at operating Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Excel.
Educational Qualification: (UG - Any Graduate - Any Specialization) AND (MBA from reputed institution preferred but not mandatory)
Exposure: Functional Experience of minimum 15 years in Supply Chain for Food Service or HoReCa or FMCG industry is preferred.
Industry: FMCG / Foods & Beverage/ HoReCa/Food Manufacturing/SCM