HR - Director at ProPMO Services Private Limited
Views:935 Applications:223 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:26
General Manager - Procurement - Constructions Firm (14-22 yrs)
- The position is responsible to head the company Purchase/ Procurement department. This incumbent will be responsible to lead the team on operational and strategy front of Purchase/ Procurement.
- Should be well versed with C&I industry related materials and related vendor base. Should have handled C&I materials purchases single.
- Should understand the C&I items in detail and should be able to negotiate better rates with multiple vendors for a given item.
- Should have worked in detail and cohesively in a procurement team.
- Product Sampling, vendor premise visits, new vendor visits, regular site visits /meetings with projects teams, as and when required at sites.
- New Vendor development, vendor management. Must have handled similar role/works before in some competition firm.
- Arrange samples, call for quotations, rate and payment terms negotiations and PO processing. Proper material delivery tracking, invoices processing, payment follow ups, problem solving abilities.
- Responsible for creating a strong vendor base as per the business operations along with vendor management strategies.
- Responsible for implementation of procurement strategies in line with business requirements, along with bulk procurements.
- Responsible for value engineering and cost savings w.r.t. to material procurement and the construction cost.
- Responsible for defining financial authority matrix for the team w.r.t. purchase of material / services in consultation.
- Responsible for defining and maintaining procurement matrix for all A grade material containing project category v/s quality & brand of material to be used in consultation with management
- Collaborate with Head Contract, Head Planning and Project Managers to understand the purchase requirement and plan for the purchase (including imports) of material, brand, quantity, price, etc. based on the category of the project
- Negotiate with the vendors the price of the materials as well as the terms and conditions and verify with the estimation department on the estimated budget.
- Responsible introducing alternate product line, different brands in line with the inputs given by Design team.
- Provide vendor options to the management on the basis of the finalized budget.
- Monitor all procurement operations in order to ensure adherence to the budgeted levels.
- Conduct vendor evaluation based on set parameters to determine their ability to provide material / system / service as per company standards, within the budgeted cost and timelines.
- Responsible for importing the material along with being aware and updated on the govt. laws pertaining to taxes levied and changes from time to time.
- Keep the team updated on the finalized price of the materials as well as the terms and conditions.
- Very good in verbal and written communication