Founder & Principal Consultant at Transform HR Group
Views:2034 Applications:195 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:172
General Manager - Procurement - Auto/Industrial/FMCD (15-20 yrs)
As Corporate Head of Indirect Procurement, the incumbent:
- Will be responsible for the sourcing of materials and other consumables and their delivery to plants considering costs, production schedules and inventory management
- Will be responsible for Vendor development and for supplier streamlining and optimal costing
- Will be responsible for all e-sourcing activities of the Organisation
- Advice and control local units on their procurement activities
- Strategies in finalising the Vendors for all the materials and other consumables for all manufacturing facilities
- Experienced in multiple plant procurements from corporate office using SAP controls
- Experience on Indirect spent procurement ( marketing/IT/Services)
- Experience in procurement of common project items - steel, cement etc.
- Prepares annual and monthly purchase plans and projections based on the purchase strategy.
- Ensures development and maintenance of strong relationships with suppliers/vendors leading to lower negotiated prices, better service levels, continuous quality improvements, longer term contract, increased profitability and a mutually beneficial long term relationship.
- Coordinates with CRM department for taking regular feedback about the performance of new products and accordingly provide inputs for product modification
- Guide & coach team to meet targets using various tools like Negotiation, Alternate Sourcing, VAVE, Value chain optimization, Meeting Time & Cost Targets and ensure supply as per plan.
- Monitor all purchase and material planning to ensure that materials are delivered as per production schedule and to specification
- Using latest sourcing tools which will benefit the organisation in the long-term
- Engineering Degree from a reputed Engineering Institute & Materials Management Degree from a reputed institute