Founder & Principal Associate at rFactor Consultants
Views:714 Applications:43 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:36
General Manager - Process Safety - Metals Industry (15-20 yrs)
Roles and Responsibilities :
- Implementation, integration, and maintaining process safety aspects in an integrated steel manufacturing plant and mining operations by application of suitable techniques from the development stage to commercialization of existing and new products.
- Process safety discussions for new/ running products for process safety requirements w.r.t Safety testings & plant engineering controls.
- Review operating parameters in the view of various studies like RC, DSC, RSD, ARC, Micro RC, MIE, MIT, Powder resistivity, Dust Explosion, Layer ignition, Ignition sensitivity, Explosion severity, Impact Sensitivity, etc., and make necessary changes in plant operations. Interpret test results & recommend suitable engineering and operational controls.
- Risk assessment of new and existing manufacturing processes through an appropriate method like HAZOP, LOPA, QRA, HIRA, and PSSR and undertake corrective action /preventive measures to minimize potential process safety risks.
- Implement the systems so that process safety requirements are addressed in different stages of the plant i.e. design, projects, commissioning, and operations. Develop process safety information for products and processes.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of various controls deployed to avoid process safety incidents. For example: to check the adequacy of cooling/heating, scrubber calculations, etc.
- Identification and evaluation of high-consequence activities/materials and adequate controls.
- Participate and ensure timely investigation of Process Safety Incidents, identification of corrective actions for deviations, and monitoring implementation.
- Checking the effectiveness of controls deployed through HAZOP, QRA, LOPA, and other process safety risk assessment methods.
- Perform various studies to develop process safety information required for studies. Effective use of different test results in process risk assessment.
- Evaluate Management of change by application of suitable risk assessment method.
- Additional responsibility could be assigned to the role holder from time to time as a standalone project or regular work.
- Budgetise the process safety requirement & submit the details report.
- Process Safety Management Systematic implementation drive.
Desired Candidate Profile :
B.Tech/ M.Tech & ADIS or PDIS
15-20 Years of industry experience with at least 5 years in Process safety in Metals industry is most desirable.
People from heavy manufacturing industries like petrochemicals, Fertilizers etc. will also be favourably considered.
People with background in production will also be preferred.
People with exposure to DuPont safety processes will have a definite advantage.
Awareness of standards and codes on Process Safety, CCPS guidelines Knowledge and understanding of data from Process tests like DSC, RC, ARC, TSU, Dust explosion, MIE, Powder Resistivity, Layer ignition, Ignition sensitivity, Explosion severity.
Good understanding of tools of Process Hazard Analysis like QRA, HAZOP, What-if analysis, etc. Experience in Risk Assessments of High consequence events. Well-versed with MS office and adequate skills to communicate in English.Responsible for ensuring adherence to defined Fire and safety guidelines for all operations and assist the Chief of location in establishing systems, processes and procedures for providing a safe and secure environment
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.