General Manager - P&L - Chemicals - IIT/ICT/BITS/IIM (18-26 yrs)
General Manager, Chemicals (Sharjah)
Education : BE/BTech-Chemical from IIT/ICT/BITS and MBA from IIM
Job Type : Full Time
Key Responsibilities :
- To be hands-on General Manager, responsible for the P&L of company's Chemicals Vertical.
- The incumbent needs to ensure that the business continues to grow and generate profits at a healthy pace with new customers, new products, new territories.
- Look aggressively at the export of these chemicals across the various markets in the GCC region, Africa, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh
- Ensure that the process and systems across the firm are further strengthened, to meet the exacting standards of companys as a new SAP ERP that is being implemented
- To ensure compliance and adherence towards all statutory guidelines
- To understand the dynamics of pricing given the nature of the finished goods products its sells
- There are a multitude of Raw materials and the incumbent needs to be clearly determine and lay down the procurement strategy and buying tactics
- To bring in new technology, up-gradation/enhancement of capacity and work with the application and R&D team to develop new products for the market.
Experience Required :
- The individual should have 18 + years of experience in the Chemicals industry
- He should have preferably had experience/ exposure to the Coatings &/or the PU/Adhesives segments.
- It will be an added advantage if the incumbent has relationships and has previously served in the ME/Africa market
- The incumbent should have been in a leadership role especially on the commercial side of the business
Skills & Competencies :
- Be a hands-on individual with the passion for business, growing it profitably
- Be a team player and the ability to lead a team
- High energy & execution skills, both at the plant and in sales
- Understanding of numbers & ability to see the big picture
- Relationship management with key accounts
- Good Communication skills
- Maturity and Gravitas to lead a business that is growing aggressively
- Good negotiation skills for Purchasing and selling to B2B customers
Reporting relationship : The incumbent will report to the Managing Director of the Chemicals Vertical of The Group
EXPERIENCE : 18-25 years
Domain : Chemicals/Polymer/Plastic/Rubber
Work Location : Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
Annual Salary : AED 600000 - 720000
Client Description :
This Client is a $ 6 Billion diversified group having headquarter at UAE.
The Chemical business current turnover is AED 150 Million, with a workforce (Management and Non-Management) of 75 people.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.