HR - Associate at Bay Steeds
Views:2822 Applications:782 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:18
General Manager - Operations & Supply Chain - FMCG (7-14 yrs)
- Operations: Lead the day-to-day fulfilment operations across all company warehouses across marketplaces through a team of 3PL service providers.
- Manage the network inventory across company warehouses, marketplace FC's and other 3PL warehouses. Work closely with marketplaces to implement the best Go-to-market strategy to fit into the company's strategic growth objectives. Be responsible for the total cost of operations and constantly work on optimizing the same so that it can flow as a goodness to the bottom-line. You will be supported by Operations
- Managers who would be responsible for portfolio of brands for which they would be running the day to day operations.
- Planning: This is one of the most critical sub-functions in this role, as you will be leading the S&OP process, work closely with Sales team, Procurement team, Finance team to ensure an aligned view on the demand plan, inventory and procurement plan.
- This unified view across the company would be fundamental in ensuring that you are able to strike the right balance between availability and working capital.
- Your key endeavour would be to ensure that we keep optimizing our working capital so that the goodness flows into our balance sheet. You would also endeavor to minimize the write-offs due to obsolescence and also due to mal-distribution of inventory. You will be supported by a Planning lead to handle the
- Logistics: You shall be responsible for the complete movement of products both inbound and outbound, domestic as well as international. So, in order to build reliability and efficiency you will have to constantly work with your partners and develop their capabilities and capacities in line with companies growth plans.
- Warehousing: One of the most critical levers for our growth model. Having a distributed warehousing ensures that we are close to the market, with the right SLA's to service customer orders, which in turn help us in driving conversions and hence growth.
- Having a right mix of dedicated warehousing, pay-per-use warehousing along with leveraging FC's of the marketplaces would be instrumental in driving the efficiencies of the warehousing. You will lead the negotiations with the 3PL service providers and also drive accountability and service terms with them and ensure that company warehousing practices are top notch. You will be supported with people for logistics and warehousing piece as well.
- Highly analytical, process oriented, people leader with solid written & verbal communication skills.
- Adept at relationship building and networking, with both internal & external stakeholders.
- MBA in Operations / Engineering Management, MS / MTech in Industrial Engineering / Operations Research / Any other relevant field would be preferred. Graduates with right experience and earnestness for the job would also be considered.
- Relevant experience of ~10 years would be preferred.
- Well-rounded experience in manufacturing, warehouse operations, planning, procurement in industries like Retail, E-Commerce, FMCG, FMCD would be highly desirable.
- Ability to run design-to-value optimisation would have an advantage.
- Willingness to travel and work in different markets.