Director at Menschen
Views:392 Applications:134 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:2
General Manager- Operations - Steel Mill (10-20 yrs)
The General Manager will be single point of contact from Chairman, group CEO and controlling committees.
Responsible for overall administration, commercial activities, production, maintenance, planning and execution, minimization of costing etc. Ensuring the targeted production, Planning and execution of targets, Manpower Management and statutory works.
- Leading core areas of Steel business like Sales, Production, Scarp purchase & Finance.
- Oversee day to day operations and set policies & Processes.
- To overlook all the processes and suggesting implementations and training, wherever needed.
- Coordinated efforts by establishing procurement, production, marketing and technical services policies and practices.
- Coordinating actions with production & Finance staff.
- Obtains profit contribution by managing staff and establishing and accomplishing business objectives.
- Develops strategic plan by studying technological and financial opportunities, presenting analysis, and recommending objectives.
- Analyze and follow up on the quality reports.
- Recommend or initiate personnel action such as disciplinary and discharge measures.
- Control budget and optimize expenses, by financial analysis.
- Conduct and lead the meetings with CFO, Plant Manager, Procurement manager, Sales manager, and down the line etc. Communicate group communications to all plant resources.
- Maintaining quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Evaluate and improve operations and financial performance.
- Preparation of regular reports for shareholders.
- Ensure the overall delivery and quality of the unit's offerings to customers.
- Engage in key or targeted customer activities.
- Evaluate and decide upon key investments in equipment, infrastructure, and manpower.
- Proven ability to self-manage, self-motivate and drive team performance - able to organize and focus teams and tasks.