Head - Operations at Talent Pursuits
Views:1001 Applications:280 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:96
General Manager - Operations - Material Handling Manufacturer (8-10 yrs)
Purpose of the job (brief summary):
General Manager role has the responsibility for performance of the company, formulating with the Directors of JOB Infra the strategy of the company, direction of travel and day to day operations. The Group has identified significant opportunities both for existing roducts and new ranges and requires a clear sales and marketing focus to increase the return on the investment.
Direct reports: Sales Manager, Production Manager, Technical Manager, Financial Controller
- Provide effective leadership and direction to the company, in line with the legal, ethical and moral standards that meet the Company ethos.
- Lead plant manufacturing - Production, quality, maintenance and engineering
- Lead the Sales and Marketing teams
- Ensure the company maintains adequate reporting systems to manage and report on the performance of the company
- Implement marketing plans and programs, both short and long term to ensure achievement of financial objectives and product and services innovations.
- Craft strategies for all Marketing activities including Digital, Advertising, Communications and Creative to boost brand awareness and sales opportunities.
- Set, monitor and report on departmental goals
- Design branding, positioning and pricing strategies
- Identify opportunities to reach new market segments and expand market share
- Monitor competition (acquisitions, pricing changes and new products and features)
- Lead the future product development in liason with JOB Board
- Participate in the quarterly and annual planning of company objectives
- Along with the Managing Director of JOB Infra, establish the annual budget as part of the 5 years plan to ensure achievement of the market-share objective and profitability plans.
- Prepare and manage monthly, quarterly and annual budgets for each department
- Provide appropriate training and instruction on products, selling functions, business management and administration to Customers, Account Managers, and internal personnel.
- Conduct periodic meetings utilising audits to determine effectiveness of competitive efforts and degree of achievement of business performance objectives.
- Understand, follow and ensure conformance to the Quality Management System
- Other Duties that are reasonably associated with the above essential functions of the job and or as specified by the Group MD.
Experience & Education:
- 8 to 10 years of business experience with increasing responsibilities, should have specifically marketing background person and must be adaptable.
- Strong experience in managing teams and plant operations
- Expert knowledge and experience in Marketing as a major and other vertical too
Desired: Degree level Education (MBA)
- Leadership skills
- Extensive commercial business knowledge.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills - verbal and written
- Strong negotiation skills
- Listening skills
- Problem analysis and problem-solving
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Adaptability and Multi-tasking ability
- English as a second language
- Initiative (self-starter)
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.