General Manager - Mining Operations (20-25 yrs)
We are looking to appoint an experienced General Manager for the above position on priority
Accountable for the entire operation of the unit and ensuring compliance with rules and regulations of safety & Environmental standards of Mines Act,1952 and ensure quality management, safety of men, machinery and plant and implement high standard of performance.
Core job Responsibility/Functions:
- Overall working of the mines across the KTK locations with Head Office at Bangalore.
- Advice to Management on all mining related matters
- Observing statutory regulations in accordance to policies and direction of management
- Analyses production data and reports and investigates causes of delays and deviations and ensures mitigating plans are prepared and implemented.
- Develop strategies and action plans based on objectives. Develops an achievement and execution plan considering the operational site requirements.
- Ensures effective management of costs.
- Setting up of clear objectives and goals for the mining team to achieve targeted production levels.
- Day to day mining operation plans/activities in consultation with Mines Manager
- Acquisition of new mining leases and expansion of existing leases
- Utilization of existing production capacity
- Be the driving force behind excellence and productivity across the KTK Locations
- Provision of strategic guidance as well as managing all mining operations at across the KTK.
- Proficient in liaising with all local government departments
- Proficient in carrying out all the duties and responsibilities stipulated in MMR, 1961, mines act-1952, MMDR-1957, etc.
- Adept in preparing and submitting of DGMS Return, IBM Return & other statutory returns
- Ability to co-ordinate with all the official/staff of statutory bodies like DGMS, IBM, Law Enforcement Officer, Pollution Control Board, MOEF, etc.
- Knowledge of various laws related to mines
- Knowledge of Forest conservation Act/Pollution Control Act/Environment Protection Act/EIA notification 2006
B.E/B.Tech-Mining with 1st Class Mines Manager Certificate, having at least 15 years of experience at a senior level. Required high level of people management skills and strong business acumen.
Language:Preferably Kannada speaking alongwith English,Hindi
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.