Proprietor at Munsar Services
Views:372 Applications:98 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:27
General Manager - Merger & Acquisition - Agri Input Manufacturing - CA/CFA/IIM/ISB/FMS/MDI (10-15 yrs)
The role is responsible for providing key support and expertise on all aspects of strategic acquisitions, divestitures and investments from inception to business evaluation, due diligence, valuation, structuring, negotiation, compliance and completion of transaction. Responsibility includes testing business assumptions, developing financial models, performing detailed financial analysis, evaluating risks & opportunities, performing sensitivity analysis, arriving at valuation and business case presentations. The role is responsible for co-ordinating with internal stakeholders, investment bankers and financial consultants. The role is also responsible for tracking the financial health including profitability analysis, cash flows and coordinating with key stakeholders relating to the company's joint ventures.
- Provide key support and expertise on all aspects of strategic acquisitions, divestitures and investments from inception to business evaluation, due diligence, valuation, structuring, negotiation, compliance and completion of transaction.
- Ensure active Co-ordination with investment bankers, play a lead role in market assessment, conduct research and prospecting relating to core and adjacent areas of business opportunities. Create a list of prospective leads / targets.
- Conduct feasibility studies, develop business case for probable M&As. Deliver business case presentations to senior management.
- Gathers important information regarding risks and opportunities for each project along with the potential impact each risk carries at a financial and business operations level. Translate the same into fact based and well-reasoned insights on the valuation.
- Co-ordinate with internal stakeholders on the M&A activity. Work with lawyers and financial consultants for risk analysis, market value assessments and due diligence.
- Provide insightful analysis on the all the financial metrics.
- Analyse financial health of the Joint Ventures, co-ordinate with internal operation / commercial teams on JV matters, interact with JV partner on matters of strategic importance. Support in quarterly and annual updates on all JV matters to the Board and internal management.
- Visit the JVs, understand operations and provide independent analysis of its functioning to CFO and MD
- Support in quarterly valuations and adequate disclosure in books, handling matters relating to the audit.
- Perform detailed financial analysis of the project. Develop financial modeling and transaction modeling.
- Analyze financial business models and test /challenge underlying assumptions of the business cases for robustness. Perform sensitivity analysis.
- Co-ordinate in conducting the Due Diligence on potential targets
- Maintain complete checklist and documentation of Due Diligence performed.
- Work on the information memorandum, term sheet and letter of intents.
- Liaison on deal documentation with lawyers, tax counsels, HR and others
- Tabulate business synergies, risks and opportunities of the deal
- Work through enterprise valuation and deal structuring
- Co-ordinate with Accounting and Tax teams on post-merger accounting and tax methodologies and implications
- Support in consolidation of books and harmonizing the closing schedules
- Hand over to Business finance post-merger
- Analyse JV accounts, cash flow statements, Balance Sheet strength and provide monthly / quarterly updates.
- Maintain repository of all JV matters including financial and legal
- Ensure expenses are within plan.
Desired Candidate Profile
- Qualified CA/ CFA / MBA - Finance ( from a Premier Institute)
- 10-15 yrs of total experience out of which 5 -8 yrs in M&A
- Candidates with prior experience in Manufacturing or Agri sector or allied industry preferred
- Experienced professionals from Big4 Consulting and Investment Banking will also be considered.
- Prior experience in agri sector M&A will be an added advantage.
- Research and analytical skills
- Financial modelling and business valuations
- Accounting and corporate finance
- Proficiency in MS Office, SAP ERP
- Business acumen
- Inter personal skills
- Collaborative approach, ability to work with multiple stakeholders
- Communication skills oral & written; report writing and presentations
- Organized and process oriented
- Team work
- Influencing skills
- Candidates willing to relocate to Hyderabad may only apply.