Business Head - Europe & Middle East at People Resources
Views:1239 Applications:333 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:4
General Manager - Materials & Procurement - Chemicals (15-24 yrs)
Unit Commercial Head
- Unit Commercial Head for a very large and renowned MNC for their large chemical manufacturing complex in Gujrat.
- MBA with minimum 15 years of experience in the entire gamut of commercial activities which includes Stores, warehouse, logistics and procurement of engineering spares & services, specifically opex for that particular site, warehousing of raw materials, opex and capex spares, logistics/dispatch of finished goods as well as by products.
Key Responsibilities : The role is also responsible for fulfilling the statutory requirements for imports and exports.
Key Responsibilities :
- Plan and implement best practices in procurement, warehouse and logistics management
- Drive strategic initiatives pertaining to vendor management, e-procurement, scrap management, material handling and by product management.
- Procurement and Warehouse Management
- Ensure material availability (engineering spares & raw materials) for smooth running of plant
- Proper warehousing of project equipment and spares, raw materials and engineering spares
- Minimizing inventory carrying cost
- Maximizing creditors day by higher credits on inputs and low inventories
- Liaising with RM procurement and logistics team to plan for RM & PM availability at plant
- Proper scrap and by product management
- Assist in identifying non-moving items as per norms and propose NPA in consultation with Engineering, Packaging Lab & Quality Control department
- Timely dispatch of finished goods so as to ensure customer serviceability in terms of OTIF.
- Ensuring optimization of overall logistics and warehousing cost
- Improve efficiencies in logistics to reduce port clearance time & minimize detention charges
- Provide guidance to Lead Stores and Logistics at site in planning the entire logistics, payments, deliveries for sites
Export/Import Management :
- Provide guidance to Import & Export Leads related to GST, customs, renewal of statutory documents, application for licenses etc.
- Liaison with GST, SEZ & prohibition department for necessary approvals
- Keep track on all legal aspects and ensure compliance with statutory requirements
- Facilitate resolution of problems related to misunderstanding or misinterpretation of product specifications or quality standards
- Ensure all measures required for maintaining various ISO systems
- Establish annual budget for commercial team and ensure that the team operates within the budget
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.