Business Head - Europe & Middle East at People Resources
Views:891 Applications:244 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:4
General Manager - Materials & Procurement - Chemicals (15-24 yrs)
Unit Commercial Head
- Unit Commercial Head for a very large and renowned MNC for their large chemical manufacturing complex in Gujrat.
- MBA with minimum 15 years of experience in the entire gamut of commercial activities which includes Stores, warehouse, logistics and procurement of engineering spares & services, specifically opex for that particular site, warehousing of raw materials, opex and capex spares, logistics/dispatch of finished goods as well as by products.
Key Responsibilities : The role is also responsible for fulfilling the statutory requirements for imports and exports.
Key Responsibilities :
- Plan and implement best practices in procurement, warehouse and logistics management
- Drive strategic initiatives pertaining to vendor management, e-procurement, scrap management, material handling and by product management.
- Procurement and Warehouse Management
- Ensure material availability (engineering spares & raw materials) for smooth running of plant
- Proper warehousing of project equipment and spares, raw materials and engineering spares
- Minimizing inventory carrying cost
- Maximizing creditors day by higher credits on inputs and low inventories
- Liaising with RM procurement and logistics team to plan for RM & PM availability at plant
- Proper scrap and by product management
- Assist in identifying non-moving items as per norms and propose NPA in consultation with Engineering, Packaging Lab & Quality Control department
- Timely dispatch of finished goods so as to ensure customer serviceability in terms of OTIF.
- Ensuring optimization of overall logistics and warehousing cost
- Improve efficiencies in logistics to reduce port clearance time & minimize detention charges
- Provide guidance to Lead Stores and Logistics at site in planning the entire logistics, payments, deliveries for sites
Export/Import Management :
- Provide guidance to Import & Export Leads related to GST, customs, renewal of statutory documents, application for licenses etc.
- Liaison with GST, SEZ & prohibition department for necessary approvals
- Keep track on all legal aspects and ensure compliance with statutory requirements
- Facilitate resolution of problems related to misunderstanding or misinterpretation of product specifications or quality standards
- Ensure all measures required for maintaining various ISO systems
- Establish annual budget for commercial team and ensure that the team operates within the budget