Chief Mentor at Manpower Resources India Pvt Ltd
Views:1241 Applications:154 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:116
General Manager - Legal - Steel Industry - LLB/LLM (10-15 yrs)
Designation: GM- Legal
- LLB/ LLM from reputed university, having a minimum PQE of 10+ years, of which at least last 3+ years should have been at a mid-level in large sized company of repute.
- Proper understanding of local laws and regulations will be required. Candidate must also have experience in dealing with Statutory & Regulatory authorities. Knowledge of Odiya language shall be an added advantage.
- Experience in manufacturing/ infrastructure Industry is highly desirable, preferably in Steel Industry.
- Should possess strong communication, analytical and negotiation skills.
- Candidate must have extensively dealt and briefed Senior Counsels at the High Court and also be well conversant with filing of Writs, Suits and Appeals before the Judicial & Quasi-Judicial Authorities and must also have fair understanding of the criminal law.
- Handling cases of Civil/ Industrial/ Commercial/ Criminal/ Environment/ Mining/ Labour / Property & Land Law matters ( Direct and indirect tax will be an additions preference ).
- Should have extensively dealt with matters pertaining to Factories Act & Contract Labour issues.
- Work closely with the external counsels to achieve optimal solutions. Will also need to handle vendors and third-party supplier's dispute and independently deal with Advocates/Solicitors firms/Statutory Authorities.
- Ensure Compliance of statutory requirements under various Acts, especially Labour Laws and Tax statutes.
- Knowledge of Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code ( IBC ) is preferred.
- Conducting/appearing in adjudication, arbitration, conciliation, domestic inquiry proceedings, legal cases including land acquisition and mining matters, labour cases in courts/ tribunals and various statutory authorities.
- Rendering legal opinion/advice and independent handling of various matters related to Labour dispute, Property disputes and various other functions & Commercial disputes, recovery actions by engagement of Counsels & briefing them.
- Drafting & vetting of MoU's, LoI's, contracts/ agreements, pleadings, affidavits and other legal documentation(s) with speed and accuracy.
- Proactively anticipate and evaluate risk factors and suggest steps for its mitigation to safeguard company's interest in various commercial transactions.