Chief Mentor at Manpower Resources India Pvt Ltd
Views:2457 Applications:165 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:116
General Manager - Legal - Steel Industry - LLB/LLM (10-15 yrs)
Designation: GM- Legal
- LLB/ LLM from reputed university, having a minimum PQE of 10+ years, of which at least last 3+ years should have been at a mid-level in large sized company of repute.
- Proper understanding of local laws and regulations will be required. Candidate must also have experience in dealing with Statutory & Regulatory authorities. Knowledge of Odiya language shall be an added advantage.
- Experience in manufacturing/ infrastructure Industry is highly desirable, preferably in Steel Industry.
- Should possess strong communication, analytical and negotiation skills.
- Candidate must have extensively dealt and briefed Senior Counsels at the High Court and also be well conversant with filing of Writs, Suits and Appeals before the Judicial & Quasi-Judicial Authorities and must also have fair understanding of the criminal law.
- Handling cases of Civil/ Industrial/ Commercial/ Criminal/ Environment/ Mining/ Labour / Property & Land Law matters ( Direct and indirect tax will be an additions preference ).
- Should have extensively dealt with matters pertaining to Factories Act & Contract Labour issues.
- Work closely with the external counsels to achieve optimal solutions. Will also need to handle vendors and third-party supplier's dispute and independently deal with Advocates/Solicitors firms/Statutory Authorities.
- Ensure Compliance of statutory requirements under various Acts, especially Labour Laws and Tax statutes.
- Knowledge of Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code ( IBC ) is preferred.
- Conducting/appearing in adjudication, arbitration, conciliation, domestic inquiry proceedings, legal cases including land acquisition and mining matters, labour cases in courts/ tribunals and various statutory authorities.
- Rendering legal opinion/advice and independent handling of various matters related to Labour dispute, Property disputes and various other functions & Commercial disputes, recovery actions by engagement of Counsels & briefing them.
- Drafting & vetting of MoU's, LoI's, contracts/ agreements, pleadings, affidavits and other legal documentation(s) with speed and accuracy.
- Proactively anticipate and evaluate risk factors and suggest steps for its mitigation to safeguard company's interest in various commercial transactions.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.