Head Consumer Durable Practice at ABC Consultants
Views:165 Applications:37 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:18
General Manager - Legal & Regulatory Affairs - Telecom (10-15 yrs)
Experienced Company Secretary with experience of handling high powered Boards and Independent Directors and Stakeholders. Experience in listed companies and maintain high levels of corporate governance.
Qualified Company Secretary and Lawyer
Roles and Responsibilities :
- Statutory Compliance: Create and maintain a culture of compliance by understanding local statutory compliance requirements, regularly review current process and introduce enhancements.
- Report to management on identified gaps in compliance and process for remediation
- Work with internal business units and responsible functions to ensure compliance
- Ensuring compliance, regulation under the company's Act, Securities Contract/Act, SEBI Act, FEMA, FIPB guidelines, stock exchange regulations.
- Determining and designing Corporate Governance as per law of land of the Listing Company.
- Managing procedural formalities pertaining to due diligence, secretarial audit, postal ballot and ensuring complete compliance of management system.
- Incorporation of New companies & completing various formalities involved therein
- Dealing with various government officials namely;
- Ministry of Corporate Affairs
- Company Law Board
- Regional Director
- Registrar of Companies
- Stock Exchanges
- Securities & Exchange Board Of India (SEBI)
o Reserve Bank of India (RBI)
- Conducting meetings of board of Directors, Board Committees & Annual General Meeting
- Preparing Minutes of the Board Meetings accurately and in a timely manner.
- Liaison/relationship/communication with shareholders
- Awareness to the top management and to all levels in the companies about requirements & provisions of various corporate laws.
- Get approvals from Central Government and other authorities (including SEBI/Stock Exchanges) under corporate laws
- Ensure board management and statutory compliance of subsidiary companies
- Manage the listing process in the event of any IPO
- Candidate should have at least 10 years of experience as a Company Secretary, and at least 5 years' experience in a Head CS/Legal role in managing senior board members.
- Preference will be given to those candidates who have experience of working with Listed companies or have managed a listing process.