HR Consultant at Smart Source
Views:716 Applications:156 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:23
General Manager - Legal - LLB (10-15 yrs)
We are looking out for a General Manager - Legal with a Top Brand in India
Location - Mumbai
- Responsible for end-to-end closure of all contracts, transactions, and documents, including legal strategizing, structuring, advising on risk mitigation, and holding independent discussions and negotiations with internal and external stakeholders. Transactions range from content-related transactions (linear /nonlinear/digital) to advertising, branding, PR, research, sales, technology, and IT.
- Closely work with cross-functional teams to understand their needs and assist them in negotiating documents with third parties. The cross-functional team includes content, finance, procurement team, IT, technology, regulatory team, and business development team.
- Provide advisory to business on various legal and commercial topics having an impact on the business in order to ensure compliance with applicable laws, minimize the company's exposure to adverse events, support a culture of innovation, and advise on various legal and commercial issues which may have an impact on the business and the business relations of the company.
- Manage the IP portfolio and advise on IP-related matters such as patents, trademarks, copyright, and designs.
- Brief law firms and lawyers for opinions and act as a bridge between the company and external lawyers.
- Conduct due diligence of content-related documents and real estate documents to check on the title of the owner.
- Manage LPOs, oversee and vet documents shared by them. Be a bridge between the LPOs and the business team and sort out any difference between them. Holding training and workshops for the LPOs.
- Collation of documents and details to draft responses to communications/notices from service providers and related advisory work.
- Manage, maintain, implement, monitor, and improvise the CLM and DMS tool used by the team.
- Render contractual related support to the litigation and regulatory teams.
Experience: 10 to 15 years.
- Good knowledge of commercial laws, contract law, intellectual property rights, broadcasting and media, and content laws, IT and data privacy laws, RBI regulations, and related judicial pronouncements and issues pertaining to distribution of TV channel(s) and content.
- Should be able to independently manage business stakeholders and team members.
- Enthusiastic to work, sharp, good analytical skills, dynamic, hardworking, proactive, confident, and a team player.
- Passionate about providing business solutions to develop products and services which are legally compliant.
- Ability to work under pressure, function independently, and meet deadlines is a must.
- Good negotiation skills and should have lateral thinking (i.e. connect the dots and use experience in a project for another project which may or may not be related.
- Ability to multitask and work to provide business solutions at speed.
- Excellent commandant of spoken and written English.