Director at CairnMartin
Views:785 Applications:35 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:34
General Manager - Legal - General Insurance Domain - LLB (8-14 yrs)
General Manager - Legal
Experience - 8-14 Yrs
Education - LL.B. (must)
Location - Mumbai
Reporting to - Vice President of Legal and Compliance
CLIENT MANDATORY REQUIREMENT :
1) Experience in General Insurance domain is necessarily required by client. Please ignore this opportunity if you do not have experience in General Insurance. Client does not wish to consider experience in Life Insurance, BFS, etc.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
1) Ensure the legality of commercial transactions, advising organization on their legal rights and duties, including the duties and responsibilities of corporate officers.
2) Structure transactions, draft documents, review agreements, negotiate deals, and attend meetings.
3) Consulting and handling all corporate legal processes (e.g. trademarks, intellectual property, mergers & acquisitions, financial/securities offerings, compliance issues, transactions, agreements, lawsuits, patents)
4) Developing company policy and position on legal issues
5) Researching, anticipating and guarding company against legal risks
6) Guide managers and ensure compliance with rules and regulations
7) Represent the company in legal proceedings
8) Draft and administer all contracts
9) Examine the legal issues related to new products and services.
10) Providing supervision to outside lawyers hired to assist the corporation with their specialized legal services
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE :
1) Knowledge of aspects of IRDA legal framework and regulations, contract law, tax law, accounting, securities law, bankruptcy, intellectual property rights, licensing, zoning laws,
2) Proven comparable corporate law experience (contract law, tax law, accounting, securities law, bankruptcy, intellectual property rights, licensing, zoning laws)
3) Excellent negotiation and communications skills
4) Administrative and managerial skills
5) Analytical ability and strong attention to detail