General Manager - Legal - Automotive Ancillary Manufacturing Firm (15-25 yrs)
General Manager Legal
About the Company:
A leading automotive ancillary manufacturing company part of a large South Indian conglomerate, with cutting edge manufacturing and management processes is looking to augment its legal department with the following requirement, position located out of Chennai
1. Responsible for Legal and Compliance function of the organization.
2. Review ongoing cases, advising the Legal implications of the company policies and procedures and update Management on the developments.
3. Protect the Company from Legal difficulties.
4. Liaise with relevant departments to ensure that where legal risks have been identified, appropriate courses of action have been taken.
5. Helping to draft, vet and negotiate contracts - Commercial, Rental, Technical Agreements, Third Party Power etc.
6. Report preparation for assessment and presentation before the Directors
7. Provide legal protection and risk management advice to management related to all legal matters in the company especially on contract management
8. Providing legal advice and guidance on all Labor related matters and ensuring compliance of laws and regulations for all Labor Laws
9. Amendments to various Labor related Statutes
10. Handling lawsuits of the company in-coordination with the authorized Lawyer and filing Lawsuits in the Court.
11. Studying lawsuits filed by an individual and sending appropriate replies to appropriate authorities
12. Planning, Organizing and conducting enquiry proceeding as per the statutory requirements.
13. Tracking of judgments of various courts and update the relevant Functions on the trends of the cases & Judgements.
14. To handle Conciliation process if required
15. Conducting legal training for staff
Desired Candidate Profile
- Strong knowledge on Commercial Laws, Labor Laws and regulations, IPR, Taxation
- Excellent logical abilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Very good in Planning & Execution of Legal strategies.
- Must be able to work under high stress and protect the company from legal difficulties
- Must be well organized, and accurate in work
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality about all legal matters
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.