Senior Executive- Talent Acquisition at Marks and Spencer Reliance India Pvt Ltd.
Views:479 Applications:140 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
General Manager - Information Technology Business Solutions - FMCG/Online (15-22 yrs)
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications :
- A sound understanding of current IT principals is essential for this role.
- Experience of working within an IT Business Solutions, Relationship Management or Consultative capacity is highly desirable.
- Bachelor's or higher degree in IT and working experience as IT PM, IT operations, project management, team management is highly desirable.
- Strong commercial awareness and audit & compliance framework working knowledge within the consumer products/manufacturing industry is highly desired.
- Strong written communication abilities with fluent written and spoken English.
Job Purpose :
- Acting in a key relationship & technical management capacity to provide a conduit between M&S IT teams and key business stakeholders in your functional area of Retail, IT infra, BI and enterprise applications to ensure MSR information technology needs are managed consistently, following professional IT and global M&S standards, and delivered with a high level of quality and customer satisfaction.
- The incumbent will be key player on our interdisciplinary team and play a role in managing & shaping the eComm functional applications from IT perspective in MSR India operations.
Key Responsibilities :
- Create, Manage & enhance the applications landscape in the areas of Retail, IT infra, BI and enterprise applications function. Work with IT Leader for application in the mentioned application instances (with dependencies from global M&S platforms/services + JV partner) and integrations for the same in India IT landscape.
- Establish and maintain IT governance structure with M&S Retail, IT infra, BI and enterprise applications process owners to manage IT operations, resolve problem statements and prioritize enhancement requests in support of M&S strategic direction after the platform is live.
- Ensure that the systems under the responsibilities meet the SLAs and are stable and serves the purpose in minimal costs.
- Contribute to M&S IT strategy in the region by managing staff; researching and implementing technological strategic solutions.
- Identify and steer M&S India Market demands in the responsibility domains in a timely and comprehensive manner and ensure business requirements are clearly articulated and documented.
- Leverage, recommend and implement solutions & enhancements whenever deemed fit and provide training to relevant teams where necessary.
- Ensure business requirements are clearly articulated in functional specification documentation, including Requests for Change (RFC), project charter, capital requests, new application discovery phase requirements and feedback on existing Market / HQ application gap assessments.
- Accountable for project delivery of applications or technology in time & budgets.
- Manage personnel and outside contractor(s) as required.
- Establish budget with user approval and monitor actual charges in line with work performed.Accountable to operate within annual budget.
- Where required, to provide leadership, welfare and coaching to your team.
Key Relationships :
- Internal business customers in Retail, IT infra, BI and enterprise applications for MSR.
- Global IT Vendor, market and global (HQ) colleagues, Local vendor partners
- Internal staff - direct reports (where applicable)
- IT vendors, contractors (where applicable)
Knowledge Skills and Abilities :
- The GM IT leader will employ interpersonal and organizational skill sets and must have the ability to work both independently with limited oversight and collaboratively across multiple projects. S/he must be highly motivated and able, with his/her knowledge of M&S systems, to apply that knowledge within an interdisciplinary environment. This Manager must have facilitative capacities for clear and timely communication to support collaborative enterprises among distinct units.
- Proven business process analysis skills - ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, document findings, draw valid conclusions and propose solutions.
- Strong understanding of leading solutions in the domain including LS retail, leading POS solution, CRM systems, DWH & BI solutions, Cloud & Hybrid architectures, SAP & Dynamics ERP, WMS and logistics solutions, Java & integrations framework, Process modelling & business process management solutions + Strong understanding of IT infrastructure topics.
- Knowledge of the application deployment life cycle with strong analytical, systems and structured analysis, and social skills and with the ability to view issues and requirements from a business perspective.
- Ability to manage and lead effectively in a team environment, coordinating multiple tasks in parallel. Very strong on technical project management, solution architecture skills & ITIL trained.
- Very strong Project management skills and experience in waterfall, iterative and agile methodology. Person should be certified scrum master and trained in cloud tech.
- This individual must be highly focused and one who can motivate multiple teams to maintain progress toward project milestones while anticipating potential barriers and suggesting creative solutions. Ability to manage senior IT professionals as direct reports in the team.
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of business via phone, written communication and in person.
- Management and leadership skills.