Views:910 Applications:217 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:17
General Manager/Head - Legal & Company Secretary - Real Estate/Infrastructure - LLB (15-18 yrs)
JOB PURPOSE :
The person will be involved for the efficient corporate legal administration of the group entities, leveraging legal skills and business acumen to drive business growth, minimizing risk, and assuring compliance, wrt secretarial matters.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Independently controlling all legal matters, opinions as well as providing expert advises for all litigation matters, including arbitration corporate, research, vetting & contracts.
- Handling all legal disputes & litigation, coordinating with the external counsels, assisting in drafting of petitions, writs, suits, appearing in the courts on behalf of the company and undertaking the strategy aspects of litigation.
- Preparing statutory notices, complaints, and suits based on varied types of facts, petitions, written statements, affidavit-in- reply, affidavit-in-rejoinder and appeals & miscellaneous application.
- Reviewing legal contracts, negotiation and finalization.
- Implementing policies ensuring adherence to laws, rules & regulations lay down by Companies Act, 1956 & 2013
- Managing secretarial matters including registration of new company/LLP/firms including drafting of AOA/MOA and revisions amendments thereto, changes in Directorships, Designated Partnerships, Partnerships approvals for Managerial Remuneration, resignations & appointments of Directors, compounding of various matters, filing return of allotments, change in registered office and filing replies & other correspondences with MCA etc.
- Coordinating with Directors (Nominee, Independent, Promoter and Employee Directors) for their respective compliance requirements & monitoring compliance of the corporate governance code.
- Coordination for investor-corporate relations with various Fund Houses and Private Equities for both pre-funding and post-funding.
- Filing of quarterly, six-monthly, and annual reports, forms, and annual financial results as per companies act with ROC/stock exchanges/RBI/trustees.
- Represent, Liaise, and coordinate with govt. authorities and departments on behalf of the company including correspondences with RBI and Banks etc.
- Monitoring compliance to Company law, listing agreement provisions, and any other relevant legislation or regulations & inspection of documents and secretarial audits.
- Conducting board meetings, committee meetings, investor's meetings and general meetings as required under various statutes and investment agreements, involving drafting of notices, agenda and minutes, etc.
- Drafting, vetting, legal negotiation and closure of funding & investment documentations - Term Sheets, Debenture Documents, Term Loans, and Shares Issue/Acquisition related documentation, Securities Purchase & Subscription Agreements, Exit Agreements, contract, legal notices, notices, written statements, appeals, affidavits for legal proceeding etc.
- Coordination of compliances, Legal Due Diligences, procedural Secretarial matters, Statutory and Internal Audits.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- LLB with at least 15 year's relevant experience in legal and secretarial matters preferably from a real estate / Infrastructure industry.
- Qualified CS, preferably with additional qualifications like ICWA and should have Knowledge of RERA.
- Ability to network and engage with law firms for representation at the negotiation with banks and other companies.
- Knowledge of real estate laws and latest changes.
- Relationship management & negotiation skills in liaising with government departments, regulatory authorities & external agencies.
- Working knowledge of related Labour/industrial laws, IPR matters (trademarks, domain name, copyrights) & direct and indirect taxation and other general laws.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle critical situations and manage investor relations.
- Should be result oriented and have a proactive attitude.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Effective Team Management skills
OFFERED CTC: 20LPA - 40 LPA