HR Consultant at xpertconexions
Views:1091 Applications:282 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:35
General Manager/Head - Business Strategy - Consulting Firm (10-15 yrs)
Generate Strategic Insight:
- Trigger articulation of research requirements at the beginning of the planning cycle (or on specific research request from Senior Sponsors)
- Commission information gathering and research process
- Devise project plan and assign roles to team; Review and help refine proposals put forward by the team
- Supplement with own hypotheses and present the insights to the stakeholders involved.
Strategic Planning Process:
- Drive inclusion and participation in the Strategic Planning process; Facilitate Strategic Planning Workshops; Consolidate and structure the workshop outcomes; Work with sub-teams to scope out individual strategic elements
- Review output for quality, comprehensiveness, realization of inter-segment synergy and alignment with the Corporate Strategy
- Finalize the 3 year rolling Strategic Plan document and facilitate the presentation by the Segment and Product Heads for approval by the Top Management; Consolidate segment and product plans at a company level; Track the overall process schedule and resolve escalations to meet the set milestones.
Strategy Plan Deployment and Tracking:
- Communicate the finalized strategic plans to the functional leadership teams; Drive agreement on the review process, frequency and dashboards of the plan
- Periodically monitor and facilitate the review of functional dashboards
- Track and review deviations in key internal strategic planning parameters and assumptions regarding the environment (Demand, Economy, competition)
- Facilitate course correction measures as required
- Issue advisory to the AOP Team in the Strategic Plan imperatives to align AOP with the Strategic Plan.
Execution of Strategic Projects:
- Drive clarity of objectives and success criteria of strategic projects commissioned by the Corporate or Functional Heads
- Assign responsibilities to team and support with adequate resourcing (specialists from segment teams/ functions, funding etc.)
- Review progress vs. committed milestones as well as the quality of analysis of the critical projects
- Facilitate Senior Management decision making and buy-in on the recommendations; Issue guidelines with the team for seamless handover to operations.
- Regularly review team structure and assess talent requirements
- Participate in the recruitment and selection process
- Conduct goal setting and performance review for the team
- Drive team development, engagement and reward initiatives
- Coach and mentor team members as required to resolve any people issues.