General Manager/Deputy General Manager - Power Plant Operations (15-25 yrs)
JOB PURPOSE/ ROLE OBJECTIVE :
- Plan, monitor and control the Operation activities of 2 x 125 MW and 13 MW power plant at Jajpur to generate safe, reliable and environment friendly power sustainably in a cost effective manner, meet the plant requirements and maximize export to grid.
- Plan, organize, execute generation of power as per target abiding all norms.
- To set up strategy of operation & looking after day to day activity operation, chemistry department.
- To set up the policy of operation by interacting with power management group (MRSS) & Raw material supply department.(CRMHS) and also to groom up the people under the position.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES :
Accountabilities /Major Activities/ Key Performance Indicators:
a. Reliable and safe operations of the power plant at Orissa - Planning of the power plant operations
- Review of Operational parameters and Plant performance on daily basis
- Implementation of best practices and process improvements
- Optimization of key parameters, Achieve targeted milestones within the budgeted cost
- Ex bus generation
b. Manage costs of the power plant - Identification of efficiency gaps and bridging them to improve Heat Rate
- Develop the plan for spare parts management
- Monitor the implementation of practices for reduction of unit start up time
- Conduct energy auditing - Identify opportunities for free ash disposal to Cement/other industries. Reduction in cost of power generation
- Reduction of O&M cost
- Reduction in oil consumption
- Reduction of auxiliary power consumption
- % increase of free ash disposal
- Heat rate
c. Manage and monitor the implementation of safety measures in the power plant - Ensure use of PPE by all employees/ contractor's staff
- Monitor the effective implementation of OHSAS
- Planning & monitoring of housekeeping activities, waste/scrap disposal - Zero accidents
- Zero unsafe incidents
- 100% compliance to safety audit observations
- Planning Defining goals, establishing strategy and developing sub-plans to coordinate activities (40%)
- Organizing Determining what needs to be done, how will it be done and who will do it (10%)
- Shaping and guiding Directing and motivating all individual parties to execute their work, resolving conflicts, providing feedback . Developing, coaching, mentoring people (15%)
- Controlling /monitoring / evaluating Monitoring and reviewing activities to ensure that they are accomplished as planned (15%)
- Executing Delivering a task/ activity as an individual contributor. Hands on involvement (5%)
- Coordinating Delivering a task/ activity by interacting and following-up with various agencies (5%)
- Provide expertise Leveraging deep content knowledge to support/ enable task execution by providing expertise / specialized knowledge and skill (10%)
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.