General Manager - Collections - NBFC (4-8 yrs)
Industry - Banking / Financial Services / Broking
Category - Finance
Job Type - Permanent
Job Description - We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced candidate in Collections to join our team. This position requires a candidate with a proven track record in managing both soft and hard collections, with a strong focus on collecting payments from defaulters and recovering debts/funds. As a Collections Business Process Manager, you will play a critical role in optimizing collection strategies, maximizing recovery rates, and ensuring efficient operations.
Our client is a leading NBFC Company based in Delhi NCR with an excellent environment that fosters growth of the employees.
Collection Strategy Development: Develop and implement comprehensive collection strategies, utilising industry best practices and data-driven insights. Create tailored approaches for both soft and hard collections to effectively recover outstanding debts and funds.
Payment Collection and Recovery: Oversee the collection process for delinquent accounts, focusing on timely payment collection and debt recovery. Implement proactive measures to engage defaulters and negotiate suitable repayment plans while maintaining positive customer relationships.
Process Optimization: Continuously review and enhance collection processes to improve efficiency and effectiveness. Identify areas for automation, streamlining work-flows, and reducing manual interventions to drive higher collection success rates.
Data Analysis and Reporting: Utilise analytical tools and reporting mechanisms to analyze collection performance, identify trends, and generate actionable insights. Present data-driven recommendations to optimize collection strategies and enhance recovery efforts.
Team Management and Training: Lead and mentor a team of collections professionals, providing guidance and training to optimize their performance. Foster a culture of excellence, motivation, and collaboration within the collections team.
Vendor and Stakeholder Management: Collaborate with external collection agencies and vendors to optimize collection efforts. Monitor their performance, negotiate contracts, and ensure compliance with service level agreements. Effectively communicate and collaborate with internal stakeholders, including finance, legal, and customer service departments, to resolve disputes and ensure smooth collection operations.
Compliance and Regulatory Adherence: Stay updated with applicable laws, regulations, and industry guidelines related to collections and debt recovery. Ensure compliance with all legal and ethical standards and implement necessary controls to mitigate compliance risks.
Performance Monitoring and Reporting: Establish key performance indicators (KPIs) to monitor collection metrics, track progress, and evaluate the effectiveness of collection strategies. Generate regular reports and presentations to communicate results to management and stakeholders.
- Bachelor's/Master's degree from a tier 1 college in a relevant field (e.g., finance, business administration, etc) B.tech with a relevant experience in collections will also work.
- Proven experience (4-8 years) in managing collections, specifically in collecting payments from defaulters and recovering debts/funds
- Strong knowledge of collection strategies, tactics, and best practices
- Excellent understanding of relevant laws, regulations, and compliance requirements (e.g., Fair Debt Collection Practices Act)
- Experience in process optimization methodologies (e.g., Lean Six Sigma) is a plus
- Outstanding leadership and team management skills
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal abilities
- Strong problem-solving and negotiation skills
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational and time management capabilities
- Opportunity to work under eminent leadership
- Competitive Compensation
To apply online please click the 'Apply' button below. For a confidential discussion about this role please contact Meenakshi Pandey at +91 124 452 5462.
Contact - Meenakshi Pandey - +91 124 452 5462
The Apply Button will redirect you to website. Please apply there as well.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.