Senior Manager - HR at AKNA Management Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
Views:478 Applications:102 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:98
General Manager - Beverages Manufacturing Operations (20-30 yrs)
We are in the process of sourcing a GENERAL MANAGER MANUFACTURING OPERATIONS for our renowned clients to be based at their Africa HO at Lagos, Nigeria.
The organisation is one of the largest manufacturing solutions company, catering to the manufacturing and operational efficiencies of beverage Companies in Nigeria.
The Company is a operational infrastructure company that started in Nov 2008 with 2 Forklifts in operation. Today, they have over 250 Forklifts/ MHE generating daily revenue across Nigeria with most of the multinational bottling and brewery companies. The company employs over 1200 full time employee.
The position of GM Manufacturing Operations is a permanent position created because of the company's growth and to address succession planning and is the first expatriate position in the organization.
Job Title : General Manager Manufacturing Operations
Reporting To : Chief Executive Officer.
Location : Lagos, Nigeria
Position Responsibilities :
The position has overall management responsibility for the organisation's operations, equipment and their efficiencies, engineering and material management functions of the company and is a significant member of THE MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE and will go a long way in shaping the future of the company.
The GM Operations is the first expatriate position of the group that will act as a THINK TANK and assist the management in making the organisation more system and process driven.
The said position is confidential. However, we will discuss and share all details about the company before sharing your resume with them.
Job Specification :
- To work as the Overall Head of Operations
- Identifying the scope for planning, implementing & monitoring of technological changes and automation solutions to improve productivity
- Implementing operational techniques for reduction in cycle time & identification of improvement opportunities and cost reduction measures to achieve substantial reduction in Operations expenditure
- Act as a Technical Coordinator for all new clients and ventures
- Act as the Technical Head of Planning for business expansion and responsible for preparing the 2 year and 5 year business plans.
- Ideating, formulating and implementing initiatives for the achievement of top-line & bottom-line targets of the organization through a - War Room- approach
- Benchmarking the procurement costs with input material commodity trends and competitor's cost levels and implementing value engineering to reduce the cost of existing products & services
- Performed Supply & Demand Management and conducted Go-To-Market Analysis to challenge specifications, foster competitive tendering practices, ensure openness and boost the supplier innovation
- Maintaining effective relationships and successfully partnering across varied functions with internal stakeholders, external suppliers and clients, agencies and colleagues to drive results, obtain feedback and influence change
- Formulating & executing production and manpower schedules / plans for smooth execution of operations at the shop floor within time & cost parameters
- Directing the overall budgeting, planning and financial forecasting of the projects to maintain the upward growth
- Managing end-to-end unit operation in the areas of statutory compliance, Quality, Safety and operation management in collaboration with all stake holders
- Spearheading the end-to-end Operations Administration, Project Management, Supply Chain Management, New Logistics Solutions, Audits, Warehouse Management, Purchase Operations, Vendor Management, Lean Management, Training & Development & People Management across Unit
- Streamlining the Procurement & Pricing Strategy and driving Inventory Optimization to minimize the cost and maximize warehouse operating cost efficiency.
- Taking stringent quality measures including preparation/maintenance of necessary documents to ensure compliance with above standards & customer requirements
Remuneration Structure :
- Overseas Salary/ Savings (Tax Free, Transferred to NRE Bank A/c in India) + monthly local salary + Fully furnished Family accommodation in Maryland, Lagos + Education for 02 children + company car with driver + Medical + Insurance + LTA to the home country once a year with 30 days leave.
Since this position is based at Lagos, we feel that it will be best if you take your family into confidence before applying for the same. Lagos is a port city and the most populous city in Nigeria with an Indian population exceeding 30000 families. The Indian Language school (CBSE) has more than 4000 students of Indian origin. Lagos has all essential Indian commodities available (to the extent that you can even get a Nigerian Cook who can cook Indian Food). There are various Hindu Temples, Mosques etc as well. Lagos is as secure for any Indian as any Indian city like Mumbai, Gurgaon, Noida or Delhi may be for any foreigner. Lagos is the second fastest growing city in Africa and the seventh fastest in the world. Similarly to the rest of southern Nigeria, Lagos has a tropical savanna climate. Lagos experiences two rainy seasons, with the heaviest rains falling from April to July and a weaker rainy season in October and November. There is a brief relatively dry spell in August and September and a longer dry season from December to March. Lagos is Nigeria's most prosperous city, and much of the nation's wealth and economic activity are concentrated here. Most commercial and financial business is carried out in the central business district situated on the island. This is also where most of the country's commercial banks and financial institutions and major corporations are headquartered. Lagos has one of the highest standards of living as compared to other cities in Nigeria as well as in Africa.
We shall connect after having received your resume.
Senior Manager Resourcing
AKNA Management Solutions Pvt. Ltd.