Founder at Serving Skill
Views:1771 Applications:9 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:5
General Manager - Actuarial - Risk Advisory Services (12-15 yrs)
Actuarial - Risk Advisory Services
Actuarial is a part of Risk Advisory team. The team advises clients in the areas of:
- Reserving, Pricing, M&A Support
- Risk Capital Measurement framework
- Economic Financial Reporting framework
- Asset Liability Management
- Model Validation
- Financial Modeling for Pricing, Reporting, Business Planning, MCEV, Product Pricing and Development
- Regulatory Compliance and more
The opportunity :
- The objective of the Actuarial team is to provide clear and helpful actuarial advice and support to the clients on various engagements. The principal responsibility under this role is for all actuarial aspects related to the assignment to which the successful candidate is allocated. Many a times the engagement is usually accomplished by actuarial team working together with assurance team, information technology team, performance improvement team etc.
- We are looking for Actuaries with varying experience in the Indian insurance market. The job grade of the successful candidates for this role will depend on their respective qualities and experience. The Incumbent will be responsible for executing projects in the Actuarial space.
Your key responsibilities :
- The typical responsibilities of the role include
- Play a full and proactive role within a multi-disciplinary Has team in supporting the various client engagements which may span across appraisal valuation, embedded value, product development, statutory reporting, economic capital etc.
- Build appropriate Excel / Prophet model for the above mentioned projects allowing for client product features and relevant regulations
- Develop an effective working relationship with key contacts within firms through clear communication and by providing constructive, robust and timely challenge
- Lend support on strands of research and Specialisms work (e.g. solvency II updates) work aimed at providing key insights to help our clients / consultants
- As part of the team, provide consistent high quality technical challenge in identifying and helping to resolve technical issues faced by other team members
- Develop cutting edge proposals for winning new and different clients /engagements
- Work closely with the team to develop consistent standards and best practice
- Sharing knowledge in a timely and effective way by submitting regularly to the knowledge database
- Contribute to wider opportunities within the firm and to raising its profile externally e.g. taking an active role in writing articles for The Actuary, etc
- MCEV challenge to managers and colleagues on various approaches to modelling/solutions
Skills and attributes for success
- Develop and maintain deep technical knowledge in Prophet and Excel modelling skills
- Develop and maintain latest developments in Prophet/Excel and various modelling techniques
- Present internally and externally on areas of technical specialist knowledge
- Develop reports and presentations for the client
- Proven communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to put across complex technical issues and solutions to non-actuaries
- Good team player
- Proven ability to balance priorities and manage a large number of competing demands to agreed deadlines and to the required level of quality.
- Ability to give/receive constructive feedback
- Self-motivated, uses own initiative and is outcome-focused.
- Dealing constructively with uncertainty and ambiguity.
To qualify for the role you must have
- A graduate or post graduate degree in relevant and pursuing Actuarial and has cleared minimum of 5 papers
- Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience
- Good working knowledge of the relevant actuarial concepts and methodologies
- Good knowledge of regulations (IRDA/IAI/IoA), Statutory Valuation/ Accounting reporting and pricing
- Good technical understanding of at least one of the following areas - Economic Capital ; MCEV/ EV
Ideally, you'll also have Confidence in speaking and expressing views through a variety of platforms like publications (internal/external), seminars etc.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.