Co-Founder at Above and Beyond Recruitment Consultancy
Views:2171 Applications:354 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:195
General Counsel Head - Legal & Compliance - FMCG/Spirit Industry (10-18 yrs)
General Counsel - Head of Legal and Compliance - Indospirit
About the role:
Working on a high-growth trajectory, Indospirit is looking for a dynamic and experienced individual to head the Compliance team. As a senior member of the function, he/she will make a significant contribution to the direction of the Legal and Compliance function.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Legal & Other Compliances:
- Provide guidance on corporate governance, negotiating and drafting contracts (License Agreements, Master Service Agreements, Non-Disclosure Agreement, Distributorship Agreement, Supplier Agreement etc. ) risk management and the development of plans and policies.
- Represent, prepare documentation, strategize and negotiate in line with organizations directions for arbitration/dispute resolution/litigation; Assist and coordinate with external counsel; Post- settlement/order compliance.
- Advising authorities and BOD (Board of Directors) in risk management; business policies and strategies; corporate social responsibilities; brand equity & image building; managing intellectual rights of the company; ensuring healthy communication between stakeholders; authorities and government
- Replying notices of Statutory bodies with relevant and convincing facts to evade any "against" orders. Prepare/review legal notices to customers or vendors, filing of legal cases against debtors defaulting payments.
- Give accurate and timely counsel to executives in a variety of legal topics (labor law, partnerships, corporate finance etc.)
- Collaborate with management to devise efficient strategies w.r.t ongoing legal cases
- Research and evaluate different risk factors regarding business decisions and operations
- Apply effective risk management techniques and offer proactive advise on possible legal issues
- Reporting on Legal activities, risk and litigation
- Any other responsibility and duty considered relevant
Company Secretarial Functions:
- Oversee Secretarial Functions under the Companies Act, 2013 and Rules, Regulations and Guidelines made there under and other applicable Corporate Laws; Ensure proper compliance of all applicable laws & maintain standards of corporate governance, Organizing BOD and committee meetings, AGMs.
- Oversee court related matters involving Mergers / Demergers / Capital Reduction etc. and oversee structuring of existing shareholders / Interacting with external investors.
What are we looking for?
- LLB postgraduate
- The ideal candidate will foster a culture which rewards and recognizes high performance for an entrepreneurial and growth focused company.
- Minimum work ex required is 10 years.
- Excellent functional knowledge along with relevant experience
- Must have good oral and in writing communication skills