HR at AVIMUKTA CONSULTANCY PRIVATE LIMITED
Views:1527 Applications:223 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:195
General Counsel - Conglomerate (22-27 yrs)
My client an MNC Conglomerate is looking to hire a General Counsel for India and South East Asia. Job would be based out of Mumbai.
Job roles and responsibilities:
The job holder is accountable for all legal activities in India and other geographies where the company has operations, including business partnering, local compliance, litigation management, Competition law, IBC, general legal services - contracts, Intellectual Property/s, labor, regulatory, operations at plants and external legal advisor contacts, law firms and counsels. S/he thereby protects the assets and reputation of the company and ensures compliance with all applicable local laws and regulations. Manage, oversee, and lead the team of professional lawyers.
Experience into the following:
- IBC (insolvency and restructuring)
- Projects and Infrastructure
- Complex Litigation Management
- Negotiation skills
Qualifications & Experience:
- Must hold a Bachelors / Master's Degree in Law, from an accredited law school, and be qualified as a Company Secretary.
- Should have at least 18-20 years in the active practice of law at a corporate enterprise, with about 5 or more years in a leadership role for the function; exposure to Company Secretary function essential.
- Should have experience working with large manufacturing organisations
- Experience with and Trademark protection areas and laws pertaining to the same relevant to the country businesses.
- Experienced in multidisciplinary projects and corresponding change management.
- Experience with work in complex organizational set-ups, ideally in Matrixed Multinational environments.