Senior Analyst at GE
Views:3087 Applications:201 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:2
GE - Senior Data Scientist (4-8 yrs)
Role Summary/Purpose :
The Sr Data Scientist will work in teams addressing statistical, machine learning and optimization problems in a commercial technology and consultancy development environment. In this role, they will focus on optimization strategies for airlines around the world to optimize the way they operate, develop leading edge algorithms and theoretical approaches to solve optimization problems.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree plus 4 years of applying OR / optimization techniques for industrial applications in a commercial setting
- Degree in Operations Research / Industrial Engineering / Applied Mathematics or Computer Science Engineering (or related fields)
- Programming skills in any of C/C++/C#, python
- Proficient to advanced level in operational research (linear programming, eg. Simplex algorithm)
- Proficient in the use of any of CPLEX, Dash, Gurobi or GLPK
- Proficient to advanced level in computational complexity theory
Desired Characteristics :
- Demonstrated awareness of data management methods
- Demonstrated awareness of real-time analytics development and deployment
- Understanding of Machine Learning techniques
- Knowledge/Experience in airlines operations
Essential Responsibilities :
The person will be part of a data science or cross-disciplinary team on commercially facing development projects, typically involving large, complex data sets. These teams typically include statisticians, computer scientists, software developers, engineers, product managers, and end users.
- Define, develop and test an optimization algorithm based on client's needs.
- Try new techniques to improve the optimization complexity and running time.
- Coach and mentor others in the analysis, design, test and/or integration required to define and support the implementation and validation of the optimization algorithms that meet business needs.
- Work alongside software developers and software engineers to translate algorithms into commercially viable products and services.
- Lead the solution of complex technical problems.
- Assure that proper documentation of technical data is generated to substantiate the assigned projects.
- Monitor and communicate project status, business issues and significant developments
- Effectively communicate and provide recommendations to internal and external GE customers through the analysis, preparation and presentation of technical data.
- Work in technical teams in development, deployment, and application of applied analytics, predictive analytics, and prescriptive analytics.