GE Healthcare - Senior Director/Head - Engineering (18-30 yrs)
As a member of the XR Chief Technology Office, the Global XR Software Manager is a pivotal role within the business. This position is responsible for defining and executing SW Platform Strategies across XR, realizing a modern SW architecture that is positioned for market competitiveness and scalability across the product portfolio. In addition, this role will have direct responsibility for Advanced Technology Development and SW NPI projects.
1. SW Technology & Platform Leadership - continue development and implementation of key software platforms. Drive leadership in microservices and API-based software development. Increase pace of SW releases to market and drive increased deployment of remote download.
2. Define and Execute Global SW Platform strategies across XR, driving commonalities and continual improvement in technology, software development processes and tools.
3. Establish XR software architecture vision & execute software platform efforts for an industry leading User Experience/Workflow and application development & delivery framework that is scalable across the product portfolio, and aligned with the overall GEHC Software Directions
4. Act as the Healthcare Digital Framework (HDF) champion for XR - influence GEHC SW platform & technology directions, work with business leadership to define & execute programs for optimal leverage of and contribution to HDF Global SW Functional Leadership
5. Provide overall functional leadership to a global team.
6. Champion Technical Career Development (TCD), execute effective strategies for world class talent development (acquisition, retention, coaching, training & experiences) & ensure a high performance work culture in the organization
7. Drive innovation and growth by driving a culture of external focus, innovation and championing translation of new technologies/ideas into competitive differentiators
8. Integrate Quality Management System Processes with effective functional engineering practices (eg : Six Sigma, Lean, Technical Design Review Rigor, Advanced SW Engineering Standards & Tools) for improved product quality and reliability
9. Instill a rigorous approach to SW design reliability, support target costing for new products & cost out of existing products
10. Partner with GEHC Software Technology Council and other P&L Software teams to drive innovation, quality and process efficiencies
11. Drive a culture that ensures outstanding compliance and adherence to product quality in all areas for the Quality Management System in GEHC
1. Bachelors degree in Engineering/Science within an appropriate discipline
2. Minimum of 10 years of experience in the domain
3. Minimum of 7 years of demonstrated successful experience in a leadership role for Software Engineering
4. Minimum of 7 years of demonstrated successful experience leading global teams
5. Minimum of 5 years of demonstrated success and experience in applying business management principles and actions to the software engineering function
6. Demonstrated successful experience developing software in an agile environment
7. Proven track record to drive global teams to deliver on business and program goals
8. Demonstrated ability to make independent decisions and manage conflicting priorities in a fast paced environment.... must be responsive and willing to take ownership of issues and drive solutions
9. Proven communication, coaching and interpersonal skills, at all levels of the organization.... able to energize and inspire
10. Team player able to work closely with a global team and open to sharing information and best practices with the team
1. Advanced degree in Engineering or Science
2. Strong understanding of, and experience in developing, micro-services / API-based software arhitectures.
3. Business Planning: Strategic planner and thinker with ability to drive change across the site.
4. Demonstrated competency in providing leadership and direction in regards to cross-functional aspects of technology development
5. Able to interface effectively with all levels of the organization and external customers
6. Experience in software development in an agile environment, including previous experience of writing code
7. Strong multi-generation technology planning experience with an excellent understanding of product system architecture(s), platforms and core functional technologies
8. Functional Experience: Excellent program management, organizational design, execution planning and control competency
9. Product, Clinical, Technology & Scientific Knowledge: Excellent knowledge of patient/customer and segment related clinical applications and workflow as well as scientific/engineering methods/theory with an affinity for technology and clinical solutions within a functional domain
10. Product Life Cycle: Demonstrated experience on global product releases throughout the entire new product development cycle, managing Field Maintenance Instructions (FMIs) and Installed Base releases
11. Strong business acumen as well as customer focused influencing skills
12. Demonstrated GE leadership values
13. Proven experience in regulated medical device company
14. Six sigma/ 5S/ Lean trained