Recruitment Team at General Electric
Views:1325 Applications:245 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:5
GE - General Counsel - Legal - South Asia (10-15 yrs)
Role Summary :
The General Counsel South Asia will be responsible for creating, implementing and maintaining the overall legal strategy for GE Renewable Energy in South Asia. The successful candidate's responsibilities will also include contract structuring, review and negotiation, legal support on project execution, dispute management, and compliance leadership
Essential Responsibilities :
- Responsible for setting overall legal strategy and direction for GE Renewable Energy in South Asia in conjunction with the GC Renewables and the Tier 2 General Counsels. Work with assigned business leadership to evaluate legal risks and develop procedures to mitigate such risks.
- Advise GE Renewable Energy's Commercial Leadership in India on a wide variety of legal issues related to the business's operations and commercial transactions; provide contract review, negotiation, and assistance on sales and service agreements, including deal structuring and development.
- Provide legal support and advice on dispute management and resolution in India.
- Provide compliance leadership and support, including training, investigations, and advice at all levels of the organization in conjunction with the GE Renewable Energy compliance team
- Work closely with other legal functional leaders to support related matters (e.g. litigation, sourcing, etc.), Collaborate with commercial teams and assist in both market and product development to support business objectives.
- Participate in business/deal reviews and deal with approval meetings.
- Maintain independence in counsel while supporting the commercial team in meeting their business objectives.
- Advise business on related regulatory issues and compliance matters that are specific to India. Prepare and deliver updates on legal developments and requirements to various audiences and provide ongoing advice on applicable laws and regulations governing the commercial activities of GE Renewable Energy in India.
- Manage overall legal budget for GE Renewable Energy in India including all outside counsel spend in conjunction with Tier 2 GCs.
- Develop and maintain commercial policies and procedures and monitor to ensure compliance.
- Work with other counsel in GE Renewable Energy and other GE businesses to develop best practices and strategic advice.
- Maintain comprehensive knowledge of relevant industries in order to contribute to the commercial objectives of the business from a legal standpoint and help unite to differentiate itself from the competition.
- Support other parts of GE Renewable Energy and other initiatives as directed by the General Counsel, GE Renewable Energy.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college plus an advanced degree in law, business, or a related field of study.
- Significant experience in relevant commercial transaction area(s) and general corporate law based on experience at a large law firm, financial firm or corporate legal department.
- Must be a member in good standing of one or more state bars or the D.C. bar and where required, in house counsel registration or admission to the local state bar or local country equivalent.
- Strong oral and written communication and persuasive skills, including executive-level communication.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to take initiative and act independently and with good judgment, with little or no daily supervision or guidance.
- Commitment to integrity, professionalism, and collegiality.
- Strong problem-solving skills, pragmatism and flexibility/resilience.
- Ability to interact effectively with senior management and peers and all other levels of the organization.
- Experience setting a legal organizational strategy.
- Experience managing professional legal commercial teams.
- Strong India experience.
- Ability to work in a complex and matrixed organization in a collaborative and boundaryless manner and to simultaneously manage numerous and varied tasks and to exercise sound judgment in prioritizing among them.
- Fluency in English essential.
About Us :
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com.
Location : India; Gurgaon.