Recruitment Team at General Electric
Views:1025 Applications:200 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:3
GE - Compliance Investigator - India/ASEAN Region (7-12 yrs)
Role Summary :
The Compliance Investigator will be a key member of the team that is executing the strategy for internal compliance investigations at GE Renewable Energy. The Investigator will be responsible for investigating cases regarding a variety of matters involving alleged violations of law or GE policy. The Investigator will have exposure to all Tier 2 businesses within GE Renewable Energy and investigate matters across the functional spectrum.
Essential Responsibilities :
- This role may be based in India or the broader ASEAN region and the Investigator's primary scope will include all cases in South Asia and ASEAN markets.
- The Investigator may be requested to provide support to other regions based on volume and needs. Working with stakeholders in Legal, Compliance, Controllership, HR and other areas, the Investigator will :
1) Lead investigations of policy concerns raised through the open reporting system
2) Provide regular case status updates to business stakeholders.
This role is critical to the implementation of GE Renewable Energy's compliance program. This Investigator must have a proven record of being thorough, fair, and objective with attention to detail, timeliness, and with a cost control mindset. Analytic finesse and critical thinking will be expected.
The team will be diverse and multicultural, and the Investigator should be someone that can adapt easily to this and embrace it.
Primary Responsibilities :
- Carry out prompt, thorough, and objective investigations into alleged violations of law or company policy. Cases may involve any of GE's Spirit & Letter policies. For example, matters may concern complex questions involving finance, controllership, conflict of interest, quality, sourcing, EHS, information technology and security, intellectual property, improper payments, and more.
- Lead and handle independent investigations; manage the wing-to-wing process from investigations planning to case conclusion, and engagement with relevant business stakeholders as required throughout.
- Review and assess concerns and allegations and be able to develop and execute according to an investigation plan after reviewing and identifying relevant Corporate and business-specific policies and procedures.
- Conduct research to understand all processes and systems relevant to any concerns and allegations.
- Conduct relevant interviews including concern raiser, witness, subject matter expert, and subject interviews.
- Conduct investigative research including documentation and data review (i.e. emails, data files, invoices) including performing forensic analysis when required.
- Prepare high-quality written reports of the investigation that provide a clear and logical account of the allegations, investigative work performed, key findings, and conclusions.
- Provide oral briefings on cases when required.
- Propose and identify appropriate corrective actions and relevant owners.
- Maintain client relationships in the face of conflicting demands or directions and provide evidence-based conclusion and recommendation on sound diagnosis and information.
- Partner with legal, Ombuds/Open Reporting and other functions to identify and understand trends; analyze and report out on such trends and thereby enable the organization to respond in a timely and proactive manner.
- Know and understand all applicable legal and policy requirements pertaining to the conduct of investigations including in areas involving employee interviews, data privacy, labour and employment requirements, and more; monitor changes in such laws and policies and provide guidance to colleagues with respect to such changes.
Exp - 7-12 years
- Bachelor's degree, Masters/J.D. degree preferred but not required.
- A minimum of 3 years of professional experience in workplace investigations, compliance, law, internal audit, controllership, or related field.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytic and critical thinking skills.
- PowerPoint and Excel skills a requirement.
- Professional fluency in English is required.
- Any additional foreign language skills a plus, but not required.
Desired Characteristics :
- Law degree, post-graduate degree in business or another relevant field, or a financial/controllership background would be preferable.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with people at various levels of the organization.
- CAS or other leadership program graduate with investigations experience
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills, proven ability to clearly and concisely prepare, present, and discuss findings and recommendations at a senior level and produce clear and compelling reports.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to digest large amounts of information and distill it into the essential elements.
- Highest personal integrity with demonstrable ability to handle confidential matters in a discreet and respectful manner.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and inspire trust.
- Experience performing investigative interviews.
- Self-motivated with ability to handle a large and varied caseload simultaneously, to multitask, and to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to interface effectively with senior business and functional leaders throughout the organization.
- Process and detail-oriented, including strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize.
- High level of cultural sensitivity, flexibility and emotional intelligence in order to work effectively within GE's multicultural environment.
About Us : GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfil GE's mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com