Assistant Manager at GlobalData
Views:2744 Applications:107 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:46
GD Research Center - Lead Analyst - Macroeconomic Research - IIM/ISB/MDI/FMS (5-9 yrs)
- Write high-profile macroeconomic thematic research reports on the global economy following GlobalData's thematic methodology and report writing style
- Potentially present reports to senior executives, CEOs, CIOs or at industry conferences to showcase GlobalData's strong research offerings and knowledge in macroeconomic field
- Track macroeconomic trends on a regular basis and provide analysis in terms of impact on different sectors. Work closely with Heads of Research & Analysis across 16 industry verticals, including technology, healthcare, consumer, retail, banking, energy and automobiles
- Analyse and provide quick commentary and opinion in the form of PRs on latest macroeconomic data releases
- Should be able to articulate complex thoughts and ideas into simple language and communicate them with ease in reports
- Lead macroeconomic reports and ensure seamless end to end delivery as per the annual research plan.
- Provide support on client queries on macroeconomic or country specific analysis or data requests.
Skills requirements :
- Advanced Economics/Econometrics/Finance degree from reputed University
- Passion for Macroeconomics and Cross-asset Research
- Very strong report writing skills (target audience will be S&P500 CEOs)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Exceptional quantitative and data interpretation skills
- Excellent Microsoft Word skills
- Investment banking research background would be beneficial (but not necessary)
- Strong analytical skills
- MBA from top or tier-1 institute would be important
- 5-7 years of research or consulting experience. Investment banking research background would be beneficial (but not necessary)
About the GlobalData Thematic Research Product
GlobalData has recently launched a unique thematic research product designed to pick winners and losers in the global technology, media and telecom sectors, based on detailed research which feeds into a thematic model which we call our - thematic engine
- Our unique thematic methodology for valuing technology, media and telecom companies is based on their relative strength in the big investment themes that are impacting their industry. Whilst most industry or investment research is underpinned by backwards looking company valuation models, GlobalData's thematic methodology identifies which companies are best placed to succeed in a future filled with multiple disruptive threats.
- To do this, GlobalData's Thematic Research team tracks the performance of the top 600 technology, media and telecom stocks against the 50 most important themes driving their earnings, generating 30,000 thematic scores. The algorithms in GlobalData's - thematic engine- help to clearly identify the winners and losers within the global TMT sector.