HR at GBJ Hotels Private Limited
Views:406 Applications:76 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
GBJ Hotels - Revenue Manager - Sales & Marketing (1-3 yrs)
Title : Revenue Manager
Department : Sales & Marketing
Reports To : Director of Sales & Marketing
Purpose : To maximize hotel revenue and customer satisfaction by ensuring the right product is sold for the right price to the right customer through the right distribution channel in accordance with the standards of the Hotel brand.
- Management Team
- Hotel Owners
- Worldwide Reservation Services
- Internal and external technology support
Indicators Of Success :
- Financial (GOP, RevPAR, RGI and Department Budget).
- Up selling Revenue contribution
- Customer Satisfaction and loyalty goals (Complaints per Thousand, Comment Cards, annual quality review).
- Forecasting Accuracy.
- WRS Contribution to revenue.
- Achievement of employee engagement survey (Kenexa) and retention goals for department.
Areas Of Responsibility :
1. Work closely with the Director of Sales & Marketing Manager and Reservations Manager to ensure the right product is sold for the right price to the right customer through the right distribution channel in order to maximize hotel revenue.
2. Participates in the development of business strategies for the hotel which are aligned with the overall objectives of the hotel and will maximize hotel revenue :
- Develops and implements strategies that support achievement of the hotels goals.
- Develops and implements process and guidelines for managing the hotels pricing.
- Develops the hotel forecast for rooms sold and revenue to enable maximum revenue to be obtained from the available demand.
- Monitors status regularly and adjusts strategies where appropriate.
3. Maximizes room & banquet revenue by utilizing yield management techniques :
- Analyses the competition for each market segment, yield from each type of business and results from distribution channels
- Recommends pricing, market segment and distribution strategies
- Implements pricing controls for to maximize revenue
- Maintains accurate room rate control and availability statuses
- Prepares and distributes accurate forecasts; monitors revenue and yield management and takes corrective steps to improve results
- Communicates rate and space availability to the hotel sales team, reservation agents and Worldwide Reservation Services
- Communicates package plans and promotion summaries
- Increases average rate by training employees in appropriate sales techniques on a regular basis.
- Indicates hotel performance through month end report on a timely basis
- Monitor SNAP and validate that the pricing actions are consistent with both property and market conditions and escalated to the Regional Revenue Optimization team any concerns
- Apply an aggressive overbooking policy and educate team to accept through benefits of results achieved.
- Check competitor strategy on a regular basis reviewing rates and availability
- Analyze production statistics and yield information to identify potential new business, markets, trends and highlight findings to Sales & DBD
- Prepare and present at weekly availability meeting an outline of risks and opportunities relative to meeting room versus bedroom availability
- Record and analyze all refused, lost, cancelled and waitlist business for both rooms and Meetings and implement changes to maximize RevPAR in both areas
- Contributes to the planning and co-ordination of hotel housing activities by working closely with the Sales, Catering, Housekeeping and other departments
4. Serves as project lead for hotel utilization of the HARMONY Product Suite including CHW eXpress and WEBFocus reporting.
- Ensures hotel fully utilizes HARMONY functionality by coordinating training and monitoring utilization of the system by the property
- Resolves issues by working with distribution & IT to identify and implement solutions
- Ensures connectivity to Curtis-C reservation system
5. Creates 100% guest satisfaction by providing the Yes I Can! experience through performance that demonstrates the standards of, genuine hospitality and exceeding guest expectations
- Gives personal attention, takes personal responsibility and uses teamwork when providing guest service
- Listens, apologizes with empathy, finds a solution and follows through when resolving guest problems
- Provides Yes I Can! genuine hospitality and teamwork on an ongoing basis
- Assumes the responsibility to notice when the guest is not satisfied and uses their best judgment as to when it is appropriate to use the 100% Guest Satisfaction
- Performs other duties required to provide the service brand behavior and genuine hospitality
6. Adheres to hotel policies and procedures
- Attends work on time and as scheduled
- Follows hotel grooming, hygiene and dress standards
- Minimize safety hazards by following all safety rules and procedures
- Keeps immediate manager promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established company policies and procedures to achieve the overall objectives of this position
- Maintains a favorable working relationship with all other company employees to foster and promote co-operative and harmonious working climate
- At all time projects a favorable image of the hotel to the public
- Minimum one - three years experience
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Strong statistical and competitive analysis skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Able to collaborate effectively with other hotel employees and managers to ensure teamwork
- Strong Microsoft Office suite and reporting system skills
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.