Gartner - Writing Coach (5-10 yrs)
What makes Gartner Research & Advisory a GREAT fit for you? When you join the world's leading Research & Advisory company, you- ll be part of a team that values curiosity, expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage, while driving partnerships with global organizations to make the right decisions on their key initiatives. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration, you- ll not only help clients accomplish their mission-critical priorities, but also grow your career and the scope of your impact across industries. Our culture demands dedication- and rewards it with opportunity. If you- re always looking for what's next in business and technology, Gartner is looking for you.
Interested in learning more, view and register for any of our upcoming recruiting events here!
About this Role :
The Writing Coach role meets with staff to evaluate their writing abilities and coach them toward creating succinct, engaging, and grammatically correct publications and presentations (including research content, on-screen presentations, web content, and e-mails). The Coach evaluates staff skills to create and present 1-1 training curriculum and monthly group training curriculum (with support from Writing Coach Lead, Editorial Director and Learning & Development, U.S. and India). Subjects of expertise include writing, grammar, style, and voice. Additional responsibilities may include other writing assessment duties, as assigned.
What You'll Do :
Training and Coaching :
- Assess and monitor the writing and grammar training needs of staff, evaluating staff on initial meeting and analyzing their progress across subsequent meetings. Work with each participant to create a coaching plan. Provide clear, effective, timely responses to in-the-moment inquiries.
- Research, create, and facilitate the appropriate training for staff via monthly classroom sessions and ongoing 1-1 coaching sessions. Lead training on editing, self-proofing, and writing in Gartner voice for an online business audience.
- Provide overall guidance on quality of writing, ensuring messages are concise and cogent. Analyze training needs across staff and at individual levels to identify gaps between current and desired performance.
- Gracefully yet pointedly deliver writing feedback to all levels of research staff, helping them noticeably improve their writing quality.
- Perform expert rewrites. Act as ultimate staff resource on style, writing, grammar, punctuation, composition, and editing questions. Understand the founding principles of writing for a business audience and teach them to others.
- Research, create, and deploy the most effective writing checklists, takeaways, and guidelines to improve writing quality and knowledge. Maintain a database for easy staff access.
Project Management and Analysis :
- Develop and maintain monthly reports that highlight areas for improvement, average session scores, participation, and score breakdowns by error type. Track sessions and survey responses and other related duties.
- Meet monthly with research leaders to discuss group writing challenges and suggest next steps. Partner with research leaders and L&D lead to devise strategies for staff participation and learning.
- Able to work with limited supervision to lead, guide, and coordinate others across the India office.
- Ensure consistent, high-quality service by developing and maintaining dedicated, strong relationships with clients.
- Negotiate with clients on timelines and project task specifications.
- Assess coaching usage and strategize how to increase participation if necessary. Carry out communication strategy (in-person meetings, e-mails, office townhall, etc.) to boost staff understanding of best ways to take advantage of coaching.
- Participate in the ongoing review and evaluation of the writing center.
What You'll Need :
- Master's degree in English, Journalism, Communications or a related field strongly preferred
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Communications or a related field strongly preferred
- At least 5 years of experience in editing and/or writing required (for internal candidates, minimum 2 years of experience in editing/writing/coaching writing at Gartner required)
- Experience in coaching writers in a fast-paced, complex environment preferred
- Project and expectation management experience
Who You Are
- Exceptional attention to detail, capable of delivering error free content
- Strong communicator (verbal and written)
- Able to perform gracefully under pressure and provide guidance on inflexible and shifting deadlines
- Superior customer service ethic and interpersonal skills
- Organized and multitasker
What we offer:
- Competitive salary, generous paid time off policy, charity match program, Group Medical Insurance, Employee
Provident Fund (EPF) contributions, Parental Leave, Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and more!
- Collaborative, team-oriented culture that embraces diversity
- Professional development and unlimited growth opportunities
The apply button will redirect you to an external URL, please apply there as well.