Gartner - Strategy Consultant - Security (6-10 yrs)
Why is Gartner Consulting an organization unlike any other? Our consultants are technology and business thought leaders for the 21st century. With the full scope of Gartner's renowned research and capabilities to draw from, our consultants are committed to turning those insights into actionable solutions for our clients. That's where you come in. We- re committed to attracting the most creative, talented, and motivated associates to bring our world-class consultancy to the next level. When you join Gartner Consulting, you- ll lead the most innovative business and technology efforts in the marketplace today. You- ll work across Gartner to help senior leaders and their teams execute their most strategic initiatives and achieve lasting results - all within the context of a rapidly evolving digital economy.
Interested in learning more, view and register for any of our upcoming recruiting events here!
What makes Gartner Consulting a GREAT fit for you?
A career at Gartner Consulting will be unlike any other you have experienced. Not only are we passionate about technology and its applications, but we are also committed to attracting the most creative, talented and driven people to take our well regarded Consulting function to a whole new level. When you join Gartner you will be a part of some of the most innovative business and technology efforts in the marketplace today. We are technology thought leaders for the 21st century. You can expect to connect technology innovations to strategic requirements of an organization and to the commercial needs of a business, all within the context of a changing digital economy. Consulting associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development opportunities. If you thrive on solving complex business challenges with technology, Gartner Consulting is the place for you.
About this role:
You would be part of the global Security & Risk Consulting delivery team at Gartner Consulting, advising CISO, IT and business leaders on digital innovation topics. This would include security strategies, risk management, security operations optimization, adaptative security architectures and development of comparative insights including creation of new capabilities and market opportunities for some of our large customers across North America, EMEA and Japan region. As a Consultant your role would be to bring in excellent technology consulting skills with strong delivery capabilities, together with impactful managerial and leadership abilities.
What you- ll do:
- Work on consulting engagements as part of global security team and provide solutions for security challenges especially in new digital world for the largest clients.
Demonstrate deep practice knowledge in security including the following :
- Provide IT security recommendations to our clients based on business relevance, cost benefit, and business risk and challenges.
- Help clients adopt robust security architecture within new digital technologies like IOT and Cloud; recommend solutions around DLP, BCP, IAM, PAM
- Develop Gartner Point of View on various topics within the IT security space, including the latest best practices,
regulatory regime guidelines, new threats and vulnerabilities.
- Analyze security market including solutions, vendors, and go to market strategies
- Work with practice leads to develop CoE service catalogs across various consulting solution offerings and proactively contribute in creating new consulting assets and IPs.
- Manage multiple tasks, collaborate in a team environment, and exhibit promptness to project and customer needs.
- Adapt and function effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment while working under deadlines.
- Take initiative, drive results and take on increasing levels of responsibility.
What you'll need:
- Excellent understanding of the current and emerging security technologies
- Design experience in at least one or more of the following security domains: IAM, SOC, Cloud Security, DevSecOps, Network Security
- Comfortable in designing future state architectures, developing financial models for those architectures and conduct detailed options analysis to support business cases.
- Security solutions expertise including, but not limited to: vulnerability management, information security architecture, design and planning, network/web/mobile/application/Cloud security.
- Awareness of various topics such as security frameworks, MDR, EDR, GDPR and other compliance and regulatory requirements.
- An Engineering degree, with preferably an MBA, with more than 6 years of experience within the security consulting domain in Tier 1 firms.
- Familiarity with architecture best practice and frameworks such as TOGAF, SABSA, etc.
- Cybersecurity and IT certifications such as ITIL, CCSK, and CISSP would be a plus.
- Impactful client presentation capabilities, strong problem-solving skills and story-telling techniques.
- Analytical, self-starter, results-driven and a solutions-oriented approach.
- Experience of working within a global team and an exposure of working with international clients.
- A quick learner with a no-limits mindset.
Who you are:
- Possess a curious and inquisitive mindset, with innovation excellence being a key driver and motivator.
- Flexible in outlook, and willing to participate in different projects as per business requirements.
- An effective team player and collaborator who thrives in a dynamic and quick paced environment.
- A go-getter who tackles business and technical challenges head on, with a consulting inclination.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including team management, issue resolution, negotiation, and relationship management.
What does Gartner Consulting offer?
- Exposure in a global consulting firm, which provides one of the best learning environment given its strong research foundation.
- Opportunity to be always on the cutting edge of technology innovations, and to work alongside very knowledgeable global consultants and best minds in the industry.
- Opportunity to be part of a growth company and help shape the future progress of Gartner Consulting in India.
- Opportunities for vertical and horizontal professional growth with a well-defined career progression path.
- A dynamic and supportive work environment that encourages personal development, learning and collaboration.
- A competitive salary and structured bonus based on individual and corporate performance.
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world's leading research and advisory company. We help business leaders across all major functions in every industry and enterprise size with the objective insights they need to make the right decisions.
The apply button will redirect you to an external URL, please apply there as well.