Recruiter at Gartner
Views:643 Applications:184 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Gartner - Specialist - QUADs - Quantitative Research (0-2 yrs)
What makes Gartner Research & Advisory a GREAT fit for you? When you join the world's leading Research & Advisory company, you- ll be part of a team that values curiosity, expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage, while driving partnerships with global organizations to make the right decisions on their key initiatives. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration, you'll not only help clients accomplish their mission-critical priorities, but also grow your career and the scope of your impact across industries. Our culture demands dedication and rewards it with opportunity. If you're always looking for what's next in business and technology, Gartner is looking for you.
Interested in learning more, view and register for any of our upcoming recruiting events here!
Gartner is a people business. Fuelled by expert analysis, bold ideas and intellectual courage, we are a team of thinkers, doers, and lifelong learners. We are innately curious, drive, disciplined and humble
About this role:
- The Quantitative Research Specialist is an individual contribution role with focus on managing portfolio of benchmarking and diagnostic.
- The selected incumbent will be part of the Quads CoE working with quant researchers addressing cutting-edge strategic issues facing today's senior-most functional executives at leading global corporations. The role provides excellent exposure to a full range of topics related to the management of sales, and customer service, as well as the opportunity to apply and further develop statistical concepts.
- This position is for experienced researchers interested in conducting quantitative research, analysis and reporting using proprietary benchmarking and survey data.
- Quantitative team members enjoy exposure to the full array of data related work: data management and quality; benchmarking and forming surveys; quant modeling; quantitative insight generation and some exposure to advanced data management tools and techniques focused on peeling apart ideas in search of insight.
What you will do:
- Assist in creation of primary data collection instruments (surveys, web data, etc.), sampling methodologies, and modelling.
- Analyzing large, complex, disparate data sets to identify actionable insights for senior executives, using basic descriptive analysis as well as robust inferential analyses, including correlation, factor analysis, and multiple regression.
- Conceptualize and create custom client-facing research deliverables such as client presentations, webinars and tools.
- Conceptualize and create automation scripts based on VBA, R to make reporting more efficient and insights easy to consume.
- Plan test schedules or strategies in accordance with project scope. Participate in product design reviews to provide input on functional requirements.
- Walk clients through the entire value chain system of benchmarking and diagnostic products.
- Collaborating with researchers and analysts to identify areas where data/quantitative analysis can play a role in strengthening Gartner's research.
What you will need:
- MBA or master's degree in Economics / Statistics / other related fields.
- 0-2 year of relevant work experience in data analysis, quantitative research, analytics or benchmarking
- Demonstrated ability to teach and relay ideas, engage clients and work in global teams
Who you are:
We are looking for creative, analytically strong, articulate and self-motivated individuals who would like to develop a strong knowledge of the terrain along with building consultative problem-solving skills. Unlike management consulting, investment banking, or law, our strategic research positions do not depend on a special appetite or aptitude for sales or business development. Our search for talent is centered, without exception, on the ability to run deep on a logical, philosophical, or economic problem and resurface with rigorous original insight. Some of the shared characteristics of our successful hires include:
- Excellent verbal communication skills, as you will be leading discussions with our global client base and senior leaders across Gartner
- Working knowledge of data visualization tools such as Power BI, Tableau, and Xcelsius.
- Working knowledge of running supervised and unsupervised descriptive analysis including regression.
- Experience in sampling methodologies, survey questionnaire design, and data management
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel (array functions, VBA)
- Basic knowledge and/or strong interest in working with statistical packages, especially SPSS and/or R.
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner research team enjoys exceptional benefits, including:
- Competitive base salary
- Great on job learning
- A great work culture
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world's leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A.- Visit gartner.com to learn more.
The apply button will redirect you to an external URL, please apply there as well.