Gartner - Specialist - Network Operations Center (4-8 yrs)
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you'll be part of a team with a no-limits mindset that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We're the world's leading research and advisory company that steers clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can't find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment with exceptional training and career development. If you like working with a curious, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is the place for you.
Interested in learning more, view and register for any of our upcoming recruiting events here!
About this role:
Ideal applicant would work with Global Network Operations Center located in Gartner office in Gurgaon, India.
What you- ll do:
- Working in 24x7 shift operations
- Proactive and agile to manage IT applications and infrastructure events and ensure to have better response time with an objective to enhance business satisfaction.
- Corelate alerts and add value in a process to restore the incidents.
- Build strong interlocks with client facing and resolution teams to ensure reactive complaints are addressed at a faster pace.
- Incident validation and Triaging on events to support the resolver groups for faster resolution of incidents.
- Working closely with service provide for fault resolution of MPLS, DIA, Internet circuits and PRI and SIP's.
- Fault diagnosis of network and telecom infrastructure by remote connectivity to network appliances to diagnose and resolve incidents using basic troubleshooting commands with appropriate understanding of networking protocols and routing.
- Application & Systems fault diagnosis by remote connectivity to Linux/Windows server infrastructure to triage issues and take direct action to resolve incidents using system administration troubleshooting techniques.
- Manage Major Incidents by wearing the hat of Incident managers during P1 outages.
- Meet all the NOC metrics and process governance ensuring complete focus on operational KPI's.
- Contribute to new innovations to automate any manual task and create more optimization in daily operations.
- Participate and contribute in Continual Improvement initiatives.
Who you are:
- Effective time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent communications skills interacting with technical and business audience- s
- Excellent organization, multitasking, and prioritization skills
- Must possess a willingness and aptitude to embrace new technologies/ideas and master concepts rapidly.
- Intellectual curiosity, passion for technology and keeping up with new trends
Delivering project work on-time within budget with high quality
What we offer:
- In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mindset are central to our values
- Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo
- Exposure to industry leading training and development
- Performance based recognition and rewards
What you- ll need:
- Any Graduate/Preferred Engineering Graduate
- Must have min 4+ years- experience working in a NOC/Service Operations.
- Good knowledge on enterprise monitoring tools such as Catchpoint, Datadog, SCOM, SolarWinds.
- Experience of working within a Technical role to perform first/second level analysis and fault isolation
- Hands-on experience on Windows and Linux servers and understanding of AWS architecture.
- Working experience on routers and switches and understanding of basic network concepts.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Experience in managing P1 Major Incidents
- Able to interpret, and present, technical information in an easy to understand format
- Able to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Demonstrate a logical/methodical approach to fault finding
- Demonstrable history of showing a strong team spirit, a positive attitude and a willingness to help and learn new things
- The positions require a flexible, proactive approach along with a highly organized attitude
- ITIL foundation certified would be add on.
Who are we:
- Gartner is the world's leading research and advisory company, offering information, advice and tools for business leaders. We provide objective and invaluable insights to our C-level executive clients, where we guide them to achieve the mission-critical priorities of their organization. We- ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and now employ over 17,000 associates globally and support 12,000 clients in more than 100 countries.
Our awards and accolades:
- Fortune World's Most Admired Companies 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 & 2020
Forbes America's Best Employers 2018, 2019; Best Management Consulting Firms 2017, 2018, 2019
Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index Best Places to Work for LBGTQ Equality 2018, 2019 & 2020
The apply button will redirect you to an external URL, please apply there as well.