Gartner - Senior Specialist - Market Research - Secondary Research Service (3-7 yrs)
Job Description :
- What makes Gartner Research & Advisory a GREAT fit for you? When you join the world's leading Research & Advisory company, you will be part of a team that values curiosity, expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage, while driving partnerships with global organizations to make the right decisions on their key initiatives.
- Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration, you- ll not only help clients accomplish their mission-critical priorities, but also grow your career and the scope of your impact across industries. Our culture demands dedication- and rewards it with opportunity. If you- re always looking for what's next in business and technology, Gartner is looking for you.
Interested in learning more, view and register for any of our upcoming recruiting events here!
About this role :
- The Senior Market Research Specialist will work on high impact client inquiries and help clients with actionable advice.
- The associate will conduct research on Gartner platforms and will frame the client response in the form of a structured framework. Helping junior colleagues create high quality inquiry response will also be an added responsibility.
What you will do :
- Utilize existing Gartner research and all relevant digital platforms to prepare high quality advice in form of written response deliverable for Gartner clients
- Conduct research using both systematic and intuitive secondary research techniques
- Prepare the response in the form of a structured format or a pre-defined framework - The response should be crisp, precise and actionable in nature
- Follow QC guidelines carefully. Reach out to stakeholders for their inputs on the response quality and future improvements
- Ability and comfort to work independently on unstructured inquiries, collaborate proactively with different stakeholders and demonstrate full ownership of the task assigned
- Lead, manage and expand engagement with global analyst community
- Engage with Research Engagement Services (RES) stakeholders on a regular basis suggest scheduling changes, best practices and analyst recommendations
- Deliver written responses on time and maintain high quality standards of the advice
- Manage inquiry workload, timelines and provide feedback to the specialist working on those inquiries
- Develop vertical/Tech subject matter expertise. Position yourself as go-to-person for specific subject understanding
- Conduct a thorough internal quality check as per the laid-out process and ensure a quality delivery
- Manage internal MIS and ensure timely reporting of KPIs in defined format and frequency
- Provide project scores to specialists on selected inquiries on a regular basis and suggests improvement points
- Timely escalation of things in case any challenges arises and have a solution-oriented mindset
- Provide constructive feedback to peers as well as be receptive to feedback from peers
What you will need :
- Graduate + MBA (IT/Ops) from leading B-schools
- 3-7 years of experience in the research industry dealing with Technology areas such as Applications, Data & Analytics, Infrastructure & Operations, Security & Risk etc.
- Eagerness to Learn: Awareness of technology topics, hardware/software/services basics, changing technology trends
and learning about different tech vendors
- Problem Solving Skills: Analytical skills and the ability to think independently. Candidate must possess a - can do- attitude and should be a self-motivated individual
- Strong working knowledge of MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel tools etc.
- Strong communication skills - oral & written: Should structure all communication for meaning and flow with strong command on English language.
- Should be able to manage projects/inquiries of fellow associates and be able to work in a highly dynamic work environment
- Ability to communicate effectively and manage global stakeholders- expectations
Who you are:
- We are looking for creative, analytically strong, articulate and self-motivated individuals who would like to develop a strong knowledge of technology doamins along with building consultative problem-solving skills. Some of the shared
characteristics of our successful hires include:
a) Strong appetite to dive deep into a given technology domain/s to develop expertise and distill key findings.
b) Ability to gather, analyze, restructure, identify and create original insights from qualitative and/or quantitative data.
c) Strong oral and written communication skills.
d) Competence for meeting deadlines, multi-tasking and managing work under ambiguity/uncertainty (e.g., changing factors, limited information)
e) Aspiration to constantly learn and improve.
What we offer :
We offer a highly competitive rewards and benefits package including - Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Tuition reimbursements and Employee Assistance Program. Gartner is a high growth company which will provide the right candidate with a wealth of career development opportunities. All Gartner associates strive to be high performers, problem solvers, team players with passion, integrity and effectiveness. We strive to attract exceptional people who really enjoy what they do. Are you ready to jump on board?
The apply button will redirect you to an external URL, please apply there as well.