Talent Sourcer at Gartner India Research & Advisory Services
Views:335 Applications:89 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:44
Gartner - Senior Specialist - ITLTP/SPM - Gartner Research & Advisory (3-5 yrs)
About this role:
Are you intellectually curious and motivated by ideas? Do you want to create research products that are widely used by executive leaders worldwide? Gartner is searching for an India-based Senior Specialist to join our global Strategic Portfolio Management (SPM) Peer and Practitioner research team. In this role, you will address critical issues facing today's Strategic Portfolio Leaders. Being part of this exciting team will provide you with opportunities to lead discussions with global IT and Portfolio leaders, identify and creatively solve complex problems using both qualitative and quantitative research methods. You will design and build written research, graphics and tools/frameworks to support clients in critical processes, and help organizations transform the way they operate. The role is a key feeder into research careers reaching the highest levels of the firm.
What you'll do:
- Learn and execute Gartner's proven methodology for conducting world-class research that helps identify best practice solutions to many of today's biggest business challenges.
- Analyze and solve business problems using root cause analysis, hypothesis generation, survey design, benchmarking, and other qualitative and quantitative methods.
- Conduct primary research by leading discussions and interviews with strategic portfolio leaders, senior IT leaders and experts in search of innovative ideas.
- Analyze complex data sets across multiple surveys to identify key insights and trends relevant for midsize enterprises
- Collaborate on creation of key research deliverables, including but not limited to: whitepapers, case studies, data analyses, tools, infographics, articles and how-to guides.
- Present research findings verbally and in writing to internal and external audiences in a concise and compelling manner.
- Contribute to the entire project life-cycle - from conception to completion and presentation.
- Closely collaborate with peers and senior stakeholders in India and globally as a part of SPM research initiatives.
What you will need:
- Master's degree (Social sciences, Economics, MBA)
- 3-5 years of research and/or management consulting experience
- Demonstrated ability to teach and relay ideas, engage clients and work in global teams
Who you are:
We are looking for creative, analytically strong, articulate and self-motivated individuals who would like to develop a strong knowledge of the terrain along with building consultative problem-solving skills. Unlike management consulting, investment banking, or law, our strategic research positions do not depend on a special appetite or aptitude for sales or business development. Our search for talent is centered, without exception, on the ability to run deep on a logical, philosophical, or economic problem and resurface with rigorous original insight. Some of the shared characteristics of our successful hires include:
- Strong appetite to dive deep into a given content terrain to develop expertise and distill key findings.
- Ability to gather, analyze, restructure, identify and create original insights from qualitative and/or quantitative data.
- Outstanding written communication skills and the ability to communicate insight through graphics and concise narratives.
- Excellent verbal communication skills and comfort leading global client conversations.
- Proven competence for independently meeting deadlines, multi-tasking and managing work under ambiguity/uncertainty (e.g., changing factors, limited information)
- Aspiration to constantly learn and improve.