Gartner - Senior Security Analyst (4-6 yrs)
Job Description :
- What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, youll be part of a team with a no-limits mindset that helps the world become smarter and more connected.
- Were the worlds leading research and advisory company that steers clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they cant find anywhere else.
- Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment with exceptional training and career development. If you like working with a curious, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is the place for you.
Interested in learning more, view and register for any of our upcoming recruiting events here!
About the role :
- Gartner's Cyber Technology Engineering team is looking for a high-performing, self-driven, motivated team player for the role of Security Engineer to expand companys security capabilities within its global information security organization.
- The person will be responsible for leading and working on security engineering projects to provide security solutions as per business needs.
- You will assist with managing risk to Gartners reputation, customers and Information Technology by providing engineering assistance in implementation and operationalization of cyber security solutions across the enterprise
What youll do :
- This position requires strong technical skills and an ability to resolve complex problems while working on time-boxed, multiple concurrent development projects.
- Demonstrate strong understand of Open Source technologies, framework, tools and trends.
- Demonstrate the ability to be a full stack developer from UI through middleware to the backend.
- Be passionate about open source technologies in general.
- Work in an agile team setting.
What you will need :
- Build and lead implementation of tools to automate security monitoring and tasks
- Lead the review of security-sensitive aspects of applications and systems
- Responsible for developing solutions to help mitigate security vulnerabilities quickly and efficiently
- Lead security projects from design, implementation to operational phase.
- Assist with and collaborate with third party penetration-testing firms
- Work with performance management/monitoring team to setup necessary alerting and reporting on capacity utilization of various security components
- Provide cross-trainings to other teams or other team members as and when needed
- Perform other day-to-day tasks as required
Who you are :
- Bachelors degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, or equivalent.
- 4-6-year experience of working on IT security projects in a fast-paced, time-bound environment.
- Strong knowledge of networking like routing, switching, TCP/IP, SSL, TLS, DNS, DHCP, NACLs
- Experience with software development skills on programming languages like Java, C#, Golang
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills; commitment to team collaboration, training and mentoring
- Familiar with security best practices in IaaS/PaaS services such as AWS, Azure, Google Cloud
- Strong scripting skills (e.g., Python, Shell script, etc.)
- Commitment to documentation and tracking results via enterprise ticketing/collaboration platforms
- Experience working with fast-paced operations/dev teams and DevOps practices
- Background in Linux and -nix operating systems
- Foundational understanding in application security, cryptography, PKI, network security, security in server less environments and micro services-based architecture
- Familiarity with security assessment tools like Metasploit, Burp suite, Wireshark etc.
- Understanding of concepts with Web Applications Firewalls and DLP
What we offer :
- In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including: An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mind-set are central to our values Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company.
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo. Exposure to industry leading training and development. Performance-based recognition and rewards
Who are we :
- Gartner is the worlds leading research and advisory company, offering information, advice and tools for business leaders. We provide objective and invaluable insights to our C-level executive clients, where we guide them to achieve the mission-critical priorities of their organization.
- Weve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and now employ over 17,000 associates globally and support 12,000 clients in more than 100 countries.
Our awards and accolades :
- Fortune Worlds Most Admired Companies 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 & 2020
- Forbes Americas Best Employers 2018, 2019; Best Management Consulting Firms 2017, 2018, 2019
- Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index Best Places to Work for LBGTQ Equality 2018, 2019 & 2020
The apply button will redirect you to an external URL, please apply there as well.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.