Manager Recruiting at Verified Recruiter
Views:1276 Applications:281 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Gartner - Senior Research Specialist (3-5 yrs)
What makes Gartner Research & Advisory a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you- ll be part of a leading-edge team that values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage. You- ll deliver must-have research through compelling client interactions, and contribute to our double-digit growth by providing clients the unbiased insight and advice they need to make the right decisions every day. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration, you- ll help clients deliver on their mission-critical priorities, grow your career and increase your industry impact. We value hard workers - and reward you with unlimited opportunity. If you- re looking to explore what's next in technology and business, Gartner is looking for you.
What makes Gartner Research a GREAT fit for you?
When you join Gartner Research, you- ll be part of a leading-edge team that values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage. You- ll deliver must-have research through compelling client interactions, and contribute to our double-digit growth by providing our clients worldwide the unbiased insight they need to make the right decisions on their key initiatives. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration you- ll not only help clients deliver on the promise of digital, you- ll grow your career and the scope of your impact across industries. Our culture demands hard work - and rewards it with exceptional opportunity. If you- re always looking for what's next in technology, Gartner is looking for you.
About this role:
Are you intellectually curious and motivated by ideas? Do you want to create research products that are widely used by executive leaders worldwide? Gartner is searching for an India-based Senior Specialist to join our global Peer and Practitioner Research team. This opportunity gives researchers an exposure to the full range of marketing leadership-level strategic and management topics. The Senior Specialist will be responsible for investigating, analyzing and writing on critical issues facing senior marketing executives in leading global corporations. This individual will work on a wide range written deliverables that require (but not limited to) qualitative research methods - interview marketing leaders at leading global corporations, conduct wide-ranging secondary literature searches, and synthesize information to elicit key insights - to help organizations transform the way they operate. The Senior Specialist must be intellectually curious and have the desire to quickly develop - generalist- knowledge. The role is a key feeder to careers reaching the highest levels of the firm.
What you will do:
- Learn and execute Gartner's proven methodology for conducting world-class research that helps identify best practice solutions to many of today's biggest business challenges.
- Analyze and interpret business problems using root cause analysis, hypothesis generation, survey design, benchmarking, and other qualitative and quantitative methods.
- Perform research by speaking with senior marketing executives, academics, industry experts, etc. and conducting wide-ranging secondary literature searches
- Independently create and/or manage key research deliverables, including but not limited to: large research studies, white papers, case studies, presentations and webinars, guidebooks, templates, how-to guides, or custom, in-bound research requests.
- Be a key member of the research team and contribute to entire project life-cycle - from conception to completion and presentation.
- Closely collaborate with peers and senior stakeholders in India, the US, UK, and Australia as a part of global research initiatives.
Who you are:
- We are looking for creative, analytically strong, articulate and self-motivated individuals who would like to develop a strong knowledge of the terrain along with building consultative problem-solving skills.
- Unlike management consulting, investment banking, or law, our strategic research positions do not depend on a special appetite or aptitude for sales or business development.
- Our search for talent is centered, without exception, on the ability to run deep on a logical, philosophical, or economic problem and resurface with rigorous original insight.
Some of the shared characteristics of our successful hires include:
- Strong appetite to dive deep into a given content terrain to develop expertise and distill key findings.
- Ability to gather, analyze, restructure, identify and create original insights from qualitative and/or quantitative data.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with particular attention to precision of language and ability to organize information logically.
- Proven competence for meeting deadlines, multi-tasking and managing work under ambiguity.
- Aspiration to constantly learn and improve.
- Master's or PhD degrees
- (Sr. Specialist) 3-5 years of research and/or management consulting experience; knowledge of the marketing terrain will be a plus
- Demonstrated ability to teach and relay ideas, engage clients and work in global teams
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner research team enjoys exceptional benefits, including:
Competitive base salary
Great on job learning
A great work culture