Talent Sourcer at Gartner India Research & Advisory Services
Views:326 Applications:88 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:23
Gartner - Senior Principal - Research (7-10 yrs)
Sr. Principal, Research - TM Role
About the role :
- Are you intellectually curious and motivated by ideas? Do you want to create research products that are widely used by executive leaders worldwide? Gartner is searching for an India-based Senior Principal to join our global Peer and Practitioner Research team.
- This opportunity gives individuals an exposure to leading a research team working on the full range of Supply Chain leadership-level strategic and management topics.
- The Senior Principal will be responsible for managing researchers who are investigating, analyzing and writing on critical issues facing senior Supply Chain executives in leading global corporations.
- It involves working with a team on a wide range of written deliverables that require (but not limited to) qualitative research methods - interview CXOs at leading global corporations, conduct wide-ranging secondary literature searches, and synthesize information to elicit key insights - to help organizations transform the way they operate.
- This role is a key feeder to careers reaching the highest levels of the firm.
What you will do :
- Learn and execute Gartner's proven methodology for conducting world-class research that helps identify best practice solutions to many of today's biggest business challenges.
- Manage a research team through Gartner's proprietary research process including hypothesis generation, primary and secondary research, and root cause analysis to identify best-in-class solutions.
- Motivate, coach, facilitate, problem solve, address people-related issues, and be actively involved in the day-to-day activities of the team
- Ensure the quality of deliverables by undertaking regular checks of the researchers' work by reviewing documents, listening into/shadowing during client interviews
- Directly lead, develop, and motivate one or more researchers across the entire project life-cycle - from conception to completion and presentation
- Develop plans for and execute on research deliverables including research topics, webinars, diagnostics, etc. to address critical executive needs
- Closely collaborate with peers and senior stakeholders in India, the US, UK, and Australia as a part of global research initiatives
What you will need :
- We are looking for creative, analytically strong, articulate, and self-motivated individuals who would like to develop a strong knowledge of the terrain along with building consultative problem-solving skills.
- Unlike management consulting, investment banking, or law, our strategic research positions do not depend on a special appetite or aptitude for sales or business development.
- Our search for talent is centered, without exception, on the ability to run deep on a logical, philosophical, or economic problem and resurface with rigorous original insight.
Some of the shared characteristics of our successful hires include :
- Strong appetite to dive deep into a given content terrain to develop expertise and distill key findings.
- Ability to gather, analyze, restructure, identify and create original insights from qualitative and/or quantitative data.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with particular attention to precision of language and ability to organize information logically.
- Proven competence for meeting deadlines, multi-tasking and managing work under ambiguity/uncertainty (e.g., changing factors, limited information)
- Proven competence for managing, coaching, and developing a team.
- Aspiration to constantly learn and improve.
- Master's (Sociology, History, Philosophy, Literature, MBA etc.) or PhD degrees
- 7+ years of research and/or management consulting experience
- 2+ years of experience managing research projects end-to-end
- Experience in or desire to lead and manage a team of researchers
- Demonstrated ability to teach and relay ideas, engage clients and work in global teams