Talent Sourcer at Gartner
Views:1802 Applications:97 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:6
Gartner - Senior Principal/Leader/Consultant - Research - Finance Function (6-8 yrs)
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you?
When you join Gartner Research, you'll be part of a leading-edge team that values bold ideas and intellectual courage. You'll contribute to our double-digit growth by providing our clients worldwide the unbiased insight they need to make the right decisions on their key initiatives. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration you- ll not only help clients through insights on strategic and management topics, you- ll grow your career and the scope of your impact across industries. Our culture demands hard work - and rewards it with an exceptional opportunity. If you are someone who is intellectually curious and principally motivated by ideas, Gartner is looking for you.
About this role:
Are you intellectually curious and motivated by ideas? Do you want to create research products that are widely used by executive leaders worldwide? Gartner is searching for an India-based Senior Principal to join our Gartner for Finance Leaders Research team in the India Research COE. In this role, you will address cutting-edge issues facing today's senior-most executives at leading, global corporations. You will need mastery over the English language, as you will be writing strategic advice for senior leaders across the world. Being part of this exciting team will provide you with opportunities to lead discussions with global CXOs, identify and creatively solve complex problems, design tools/frameworks to support clients in critical processes, and help organizations transform the way they operate.
What you'll do:
- Shape the direction of research on a functional area that senior finance executives care about
- Conduct wide-ranging secondary literature searches and synthesize information to elicit key insights for use in various research deliverables.
- Lead discussions and conduct interviews with senior executives, academics and industry experts in search of innovative ideas.
- Evaluate, analyze, and structure the information for use in various research deliverables.
- Develop insights that are practical and actionable (not academic), grounded in senior executives- workflows.
- Deliver on a regular calendar of research deliverables - whitepapers, how-to guides, tools and best practice case studies - around a specific functional area.
- Present research findings verbally and in writing to internal and external audiences. Explain complex ideas in terms busy executives can quickly absorb and apply.
- Closely collaborate with peers and senior stakeholders in India, the US, and UK, as part of your research initiatives.
What you will need:
- Master's degree with 6-8 years of research and/or management consulting experience.
Who you are:
Some of the shared characteristics of our successful hires include:
- Outstanding written communication skills and a drive to create and communicate high-impact storylines through written narratives,
- Excellent verbal communication skills, as you will be leading discussions with our global client base,
- Ability to read and listen to lots of information and then be able to question it, restructure it, and create original insights.
- Strong appetite to dive deep into a given terrain to develop expertise and distil key findings.
- Self-driven and can work as a part of geographically-distributed teams.
- Excellent project and time management skills.
- Ability to locate and procure information from original sources and senior executives.
- Ability to analyze quantitative and/or qualitative data to identify relevant findings.
- Ability to develop strong research relationships with business executives and content experts.
- Skilled at working both independently and in a team environment.
- An aspiration to constantly learn and improve.
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner research team enjoys exceptional benefits, including:
- Competitive base salary
- Great on the job learning
- Inordinate work-life balance
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world's leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. From CIOs and senior IT leaders in corporations and government agencies, to business leaders in high-tech and telecom enterprises and professional services firms, to technology investors, we are the valuable partner to clients in more than 10,000 distinct enterprises worldwide. Through the resources of Gartner Research, Gartner Executive Programs, Gartner Consulting and Gartner Events, we work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, USA, and has 8,300 associates, including over 1,800 research analysts and consultants, and clients in more than 90 countries