Gartner - Senior Director/Analyst - Power/Analog & Mixed Signal Semiconductor Practice (10-15 yrs)
What makes Gartner Research & Advisory a GREAT fit for you? When you join the world's leading Research & Advisory company, you'll be part of a team that values curiosity, expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage, while driving partnerships with global organizations to make the right decisions on their key initiatives. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration, you'll not only help clients accomplish their mission-critical priorities, but also grow your career and the scope of your impact across industries. Our culture demands dedication- and rewards it with opportunity. If you're always looking for what's next in business and technology, Gartner is looking for you.
About this Role :
- Analysts create must-have insights for our clients through published research and client interaction. You will meet with clients every day: on the phone, in a videoconference, from the stage at a Gartner event, or face-to-face during a sales support visit. In every interaction, you will help clients overcome their challenges and perform better.
- As part of Gartner's Semiconductors and Electronics practice, you will equip leaders in the product management and product marketing roles in the global semiconductor and electronics industry from the market or competitive intelligence experts to the CMO, CSO, CTO and the CEO - with indispensable insights, advice and tools to achieve their mission-critical priorities and build the successful organizations of tomorrow.
What You'll do :
A. Market and Competitive Intelligence Research
1. Study and analyze financials of global power, analog and mixed-signal semiconductor companies, and estimate annual revenue and unit shipment market share using Gartner's market share estimation methodology.
2. Develop and maintain a model to forecast global power, analog and mixed signal semiconductor revenues by product, geography and technology using Gartner Forecast methodology.
3. Build and manage a database of global power, analog and mixed signal semiconductor vendors, complete with financials (such as revenue, COGS, SG&A, R&D Expense, inventory), M&A, product information, customers, partners, suppliers, key corporate developments, and other key information.
4. Conduct annual survey of global power, analog and mixed signal semiconductor companies to augment market share research, forecasting exercise, and competitive intelligence as required.
5. Proactively collaborate with other analysts globally to suggest and undertake improvements in the accuracy and efficiency of reporting.
B. Emerging Technology Research
1. Study and analyze current and emerging technology developments in the field of power, and analog and mixed signal semiconductors.
2. Deliver insights to product and service managers on the adoption and growth of emerging power, analog and mixed signal semiconductor technologies by studying and analyzing patents, venture capital investments, skills demand, etc.
3. Assess the impact of emerging technologies and advice product and service managers across technology service providers on when and how to capitalize on new technologies for product innovation and differentiation.
4. Identify existing and emerging use cases for emerging power, analog and mixed signal semiconductor technology in terms of their prevalence, adoption potential, business value, and innovation.
5. Identify and evaluate emerging vendors and start-ups in the field of emerging power, analog and mixed signal semiconductor technology for new product innovation, and new use case enablement.
C. Functional Role Research :
Deliver advice and insights to product managers across technology and service provider organizations that are leveraging power, analog and mixed-signal semiconductor technology on:
1. Product planning activities:
a) Developing forecast, market share.
b) Assessing changes in market opportunities and competitive landscapes.
c) Refined product roadmaps to latest market realities.
d) Analyzing impact of disruptive trends and technologies.
2. Product development activities:
a) Ideating on ways to differentiate beyond features/functions.
b) Reviewing and actioning product investments based on potential adoption slowdowns.
c) Identifying new capabilities for competitive advantage, and
d) Identifying investment areas for new product development.
3. Product launch and introduction activities:
a) Identifying new ways and opportunities to drive market adoption post-downturns.
b) Matching product capabilities to adjacent market opportunities.
c) Identifying areas to focus and resources to maximize new market potential.
Job Requirements :
What you will need :
1. Educational Qualification:
a. BE/BTech from Grade A engineering colleges (specialization in Electronics, and specifically, power electronics, will be favorable).
b. Graduate + MBA (Marketing or Ops) from A & B-schools is desirable.
2. Work experience:
a. 10 + years minimum experience in Semiconductor Industry, of which:
i. Minimum 5 years in a product management, product marketing or other similar role with responsibilities for overall product design and development decision-making including sourcing, procuring, marketing and sales.
ii. At least 3-4 years of relevant work experience in a data analysis and market analysis, or related consultancy environment.
3. Domain knowledge:
a. Strong technology background in power, analog and mixed signal semiconductor technology.
b. Strong understanding of the economics of power, analog and mixed signal semiconductor business.
c. Strong understanding of the needs, wants, and challenges of power, analog and mixed-signal semiconductor customers.
d. Awareness of the major issues across the IT, semiconductor and electronics industry, and an eagerness to learn more.
4. Business Acumen:
a. Strong understanding of semiconductor business models and competitive landscape.
b. A good understanding of the semiconductor and electronics supply and value chain.
c. Good knowledge of semiconductor and electronics, and specifically power and analog and mixed signal semiconductor use cases and buyer strategies.
5. MS Office Tools:
a. Ability to design, develop and maintain large Excel models for market share analysis and forecasting, and strong working knowledge of other MS Office tools such as Word and Power Point.
6. Project management skills:
a. Ability to manage time, keep projects on schedule, and resolve issues and deliver all client deliverables in a timely manner.
7. Communication skills:
a. Written: A strong writing ability is mandatory. Writing efforts will require stating/staking positions, justifying those positions with facts and providing actionable analysis and recommendations.
b. Oral: Skills to converse on telephone, face to face, and on-stage, with the ability to explain complex concepts concisely.
8. Problem Solving:
a. Strong analytical skills and the ability to think creatively, and efficiently to diagnose and contextualize issues, exhibit critical-thinking and problem-solving capabilities, including working on estimation problems and provide insightful and original analysis.
b. Ability to demonstrate domain and quantitative expertise and create client-ready deliverables.
c. Participate in appropriate Gartner global research communities for formal and in-formal knowledge sharing sessions.
9. Interpersonal skills:
a. Ability to communicate, engage, and develop cordial professional relationships with analysts, key initiative leaders, team manager, and clients with a compelling and enthusiastic attitude that drives clients to action and guides them to success.
b. Strong client presence and ability to relate to a variety of company and personality types is a must - ability to represent Gartner research, methodology and strategies at multiple levels (Board, C-Level, Business Unit and Operational) and multiple client organization types (End User Client, Investors, Technology and Service Providers, Resellers, Channel Partners).
c. Ability to organize effectively, drive for results, collaborate productively, coach and develop colleagues where required - provide constructive feedback to peers as well as be receptive to feedback from peers.
d. Complete ownership mindset, professional maturity and intellectual curiosity, ability to embrace change and act with integrity, and follow internal processes and policies, including, HR, IT and Finance.
Who you are :
To thrive in this role, it helps if you are obsessed with your topic! Gartner analysts are correctly viewed as THE experts.
This means that:
1. You know your markets, vendors, trends, management practices, etc., well and be able to see the forest and the trees.
2. You are an excellent collaborator with the ability to quickly build rapport and gain client trust.
3. You are a good presenter with a high level of executive presence (prior experience with speaking engagements is a plus).
4. You are an analytical thinker with the ability to process information quickly and make actionable recommendations.
5. You are willing to challenge conventional norms and views.
Gartner is an Affirmative Action-Equal Opportunity Employer.
Gartner is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to the value of workforce diversity. Gartner does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, sex, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran's status, or any other basis covered by applicable law. All matters relating to employment with the Company are based on, and operate according to, the principle of merit.
The apply button will redirect you to an external URL, please apply there as well.